back to article Amazon pushes sex toys to random punters

A pre-Easter email from marketing bods at Amazon.co.uk raised the hackles of one Reg reader with its subject line: "Bonking like a Spring Bunny? Rampant Rabbits from £17.50 at Amazon.co.uk." The Rampant Rabbit is not, we are reliably informed, an actual Easter Bunny. The email arrived complete with eye-watering pictures of " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Steven Walker

New meaning of in box?

And I would hate to have a dildo in mine!

Steve

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

another related amazon funny

this is a link to a 'male pleasure sleeve' found not in the 'sex & sensation' shop but in the DIY shop! well i supose it is kinda!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Top-Cat-Fantasy-Pleasure-sensation/dp/B000NWCBBQ/ref=sr_1_1/203-7549493-3215932?ie=UTF8&s=diytools&qid=1176387110&sr=8-1

3. David Harper

I have an even more shocking tale

Several years ago, I bought a copy of Red Hat Enterprise Linux through Amazon.

Soon afterwards, I received an email from an Amazon market-droid suggesting, based on my previous purchases, that I might like to buy a copy of Windows XP.

I was so angry that I emailed a complaint back to Amazon. What kind of sicko deviant do they think I am?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Security for Vista

All I got was an email trying to sell me "Writing secure code for windows Vista"...... I think I would have preferred the other one!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

i got one of these awhile back

i ordered a Rabbit brand corkscrew wine opener and had some of these toys show up as suggested related items. it was rather funny.

6. Patrick Bateman

Not the first time...

Coincidence or not, but a while ago I used to have "erotic photography" books recommended to me all the blimming time by Amazon (on site, not in emails), when I have never purchased or even looked at anything even remotely related. Used to annoy the hell out of me when I'd need to show my girlfriend something. The recommendation feature seems to behave itself these days though. And I'm not even living with my girlfriend at the moment!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This gives new meaning

...to the "one click" patent...

Look, I couldn't resist!

8. PJH

Re: This gives new meaning

> ...to the "one click" patent...

ITYM "one clit" patent, no? ;)

9. Rob

Sheltered upbringing

I'm still reeling from the fact that Amazon sell sex aids/toys.

(it wasn't that sheltered)

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: another related amazon funny

Notice that when you've bought your DIY sleeve that Amazon suggests you also consider the Xbox 360 quick charge kit or the Stargate DVDs.

I guess they do know their target market then.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Amozon should leave sex toy sales to dedicated websites

I have purchased from amazon before, and shopped with my daughter on amazon but I do not wish my daughter to have possible access to sex toy images on amazon by accident when she is searching for other toys and books. I have bought sex toys online myself and think amazon should leave selling sex toys to dedicated sites like www. soundsnaughty .com or one of the other dedicated sex toy websites. It is a dangerous mix to have adult products on a site that has all age groups using that site.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like