back to article Obama: the face of USB Flash storage

Technology usually ignores politics, but every true American patriot will want Active Media’s latest gadget: a President Obama USB Flash drive. Obama_Flash_drive_01 Active Media's Obama Flash drive Despite lacking any White House authenticity, the Obama drive does come pre-loaded with 80MB of free presidential-grade …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I love this kind of USB tat

my buddy went to Indianapolis to watch some rednecks driving round in circles and brought me back a 512MB doohickey that resembles a race car crashing at high speed into a USB port, complete with 100MB of advertising to delete.

Whoever thought storage would become so cheap you could just give the stuff away?

2. Scott 16
    Paris Hilton

"but every true American patriot will want..."

...not that. Without turning this into a political discussion, there is a new wave of change in the US, and it's seeing past the celebutard face and coming to our senses.

I'd be more interested in having that with Paris Hilton on it, and for her clothes to "magically" disappear when it's powered up...

3. Chris Seiter
    Paris Hilton

@Scott 16

The Paris one will come preloaded with virii, because it would take more than one to get her to slow down.

4. chris
    FAIL

puke.

Worst IT story I've seen on the Reg in a while.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

@ Scott 16

Whatever gets you through the night, but how do you explain Sarah Palin? It's certainly not her political acumen.

Ah, the wild-eyed dreams of youth...

6. disgruntled yank

the odd thing

Is that if you scroll the page so that the picture is cut off just above the eyebrows it looks oddly like Ronald Reagan.

7. Lupus
    WTF?

@ chris

... because the tagline didn't give it away soon enough?

To be fair, at least it doesn't look cheap.

8. Martin 6 Silver badge

Waiting for the UK version

It will have a picture of Wacky Jaqui on it and instructions - "if found please hand back to your nearest MI5 office or the BBC"

9. Donald Miller

Not Ron Reagan

Even without squinting it's Frank Sinatra!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Awesome

But not as awesome as the his and hers matching Obama-Face thongs - perfect inauguration wear for any proud American. Sums up our politics perfectly if you ask me.

Now while I am a self-confessed Obama voter, I have to admit I'd prefer one of these USB thingies with the words "National ID Card Database" instead of the Prez photo - in support of the relatives back in Blighty of course.

@Chris, don't be a hater. The man gives money away for free and I reckon that's just as good as someone who knows what he's doing, if not better. Besides we'll all be dead of Climate Change before the bill comes due, so what do we care? I pretty much never think about the children, not even my own, so I'm good with that, just make sure you grab yours while you can because even Palin wasn't stupid enough to pass on it.

11. dr_forrester
    Alert

Kinda worrying

This actually gives me a bit of an uneasy feeling. I could understand giving them away during the campaign, but eight months after the election and five after taking office, it starts to give me a "Great Leader" vibe which concerns me.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am an American. I did not, for a variety of political reasons, vote for President Obama. A George W. Bush USB flash drive released this time in 2001 would have worried me just as much.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: Awesome

But still not as awesome as the Obama Dildo

13. disgruntled yank

what, me worry?

@dr_forrester: Are you old enough to have seen "PT-109" on its first release? I am, and as I recall the republic survived, after its own fashion.

When the economies of Chinese manufacture meet the American lust to spend money, one does not need to drag in hero worship to explain a product's arrival.

14. T Norris
    Boffin

Spiffy...

to dr_forrester, "Kinda worrying" --

If it were a GWB USB drive, it would be constantly crashing, or perhaps install surveillance software on your machine. :-P A Dick Cheney thumb drive would worry me even more.

But seriously, it's been a while since the US has had any sort of president that has evoked such hero worship as Mr Obama. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad.

Regardless, the drive looks quite spiffy and appears to be fairly rugged from the photos I've seen.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like