back to article Man+dog plunged into 'faecal lagoon'

The powers that be are investigating just why Swedish bloke Thomas Sundberg and his mutt Rex weren't warned of an impending ducking in a "faecal lagoon" at Kramfors-Sollefteå airport - a merdurinous "pool of filth" into which they were without warning cast. According to the Tidningen Ångermanland newspaper, the pair's innocent …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

ROFL

“It stank something fierce"

'nuff said...

2. Mark York 3 Silver badge
    Coat

When the shit hits the man!

I'll get my clean coat.

3. Pirate Dave Silver badge
    Pirate

Must be the translation

"sludge lagoon maintained by Kramfors municipality to store and dry sewage from a number of wells".

Here in Merica, we get drinking water from wells. Sewage would be a bad thing....

4. Maestro

Well...

... that stinks.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What's the Swedish for

"it stank something fierce"? Inquiring minds want to know. Well, I do , anyway

6. Jacqui

Swede naked jumping into cold water

Apart from the poo exactly what is news?

Jacqui who knows a few good "outdoorsy" Swedes :-)

7. Paul A. Walker
    FAIL

Sludge lagoons

This happened to me as a child, my uncle's business was next to the sewage works and I strayed into the sludge lagoon. It can look like solid dry mud when in warm weather but under the crust it's like quicksand. Managed to crawl out losing only one boot, but I had to ride home in the back of the pickup, and then strip and get hosed off in the yard. Golden days of childhood indeed.

8. Kevin Campbell
    Go

what's that aroma?

Lester, you really have a nose for this kind of story, but I smell foul play.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

merdurinous

What a F A N T A S T I C word.

Now, how to slip that word into a meeting. Ten extra points if it can be minuted

Must go - have to concentrate on that "Is She, Isn't She" Lady Ga Ga debate on the Telly a bit more closely

10. BoBeR182
    Joke

Well u can say he was in ,....

Well u can say he was in ... deep shit

11. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

IT Angle

"Thomas Sundberg and his dog Rex" could have been alerted to their proximity to a "flat surface" composed of "a mixture of asphalt and turf" if there were an alarm system. Authorities have suggested they might put signs up, but since the 'Victims' eyes failed to alert them to the obvious risk of walking on the hardened surface of a thickening pond an audible proximity alarm would be a better solution.

Installing an alarm might employ out of work electricians who could perhaps install a PLC or rather better, unemployed IT personnel who might install and connect an alarm to the Community flow control system for sanitary waste so the next unsuspecting folk can be saved from perhaps suffocation or drowning.

Clearly an engineering budget is required here.

12. Winkypop Silver badge
    Badgers

Those kooky swedes

They'll plunge themselves into anything!

13. Richard North
    Happy

Merdurinous

@AC, you should be ashamed of yourself.

If you can contrive to get such a wonderful word minuted, it must surely be worth at least 'TWENTY' extra points?

And if the secretary gets the spelling right without looking it up or asking, a bonus ten for them too. :-)

14. Mike Banahan

Pun alert

Was he interred in the lagoon?

15. Rune Moberg
    Alien

Swedish for it stank something fierce

@AC 17:44

"Det stank fruktansvärt" (http://allehanda.se/start/kramfors/1.1150002)

@Paul -- well, at least your uncle let you ride in the back of his pickup. Imagine having to walk home by yourself... :P

@The Reg -- what? No icon with stink lines?

16. Jon Press

Correct me if I'm wrong...

... but isn't "By a Faecal Lagoon" the name of the theme tune to "Desert Island Discs"??

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The source of the well

"sludge lagoon maintained by Kramfors municipality to store and dry sewage from a number of wells".

Here in Merica, we get drinking water from wells. Sewage would be a bad thing....

-----------------

It is the translation. The Swedish word "källa" can be translated into "well" or "source" depending on context. Someone obviously picked the wrong context, or word, here.

18. skeptical i
    Pint

Ångermanland newspaper

Anger man land? You betcha!

19. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

IT angle?

While I enjoyed the liberties with the language of Shakespeare - say, "merdurinous" - I am still looking for an IT angle to this story.

20. Kristin McKechie
    Joke

...Ångermanland newspaper...

stuff like this this must happen there all the time if Sweden has a newspaper dedicated to the complaints of angry men....

21. TeeCee Gold badge
    Stop

That thar dog.

Now, the smell of a wet dog is a pretty ripe odour under normal circumstances.

I'm forced to wonder in mixed awe and horror at the level of pong created by a dog that's been recently immersed in concentrated sewage.

I'm also drawn to speculate on the repellant power of a shit-soaked dog that has yet to shake itself. I reckon that if we could harness and focus that effect we could build a pressor beam capable of moving planets around.

22. Mat
    Coffee/keyboard

That quote had me giggling.

Stank something fierce! - Brilliant

23. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: IT angle?

Why?

I mean, for the love of God, why?

24. Grozbat
    Coat

Ångermanland

Ångermanland in swedish translates to "regret man land".

He certainly regretted going there.

25. Marvin the Martian
    IT Angle

Airport? What airport?

The article starts talking about an obscure airport, so my impression was that just after a quick fondly by Till of security and before picking up the luggage, a walkway collapsed.

Rest of the article doesn't mention airports at all, nor reasons for loitering.

That said, I'd put down the dog. If he cannot even smell a Lake Aftercurry then the critter is defective.

26. Ted Treen
    Coat

I gotta ask...

Did they really swim in it - or did they just go through the motions...?

Yep, that's my coat (with the Andrex in 1 pocket & the puppy in the other).

27. Hermes
    Joke

For pity's sake,

the poor man didn't even have a paddle!

28. Richard 102

IT Angle

Maybe he worked for MicroSoft and found a new paradigm for the WinMo platform.

I feel bad for the dog, though. I remember when my grandfather's bluetick coonhound got sprayed by a skunk and what he went through. I can only imagine what the poor dog went through swimming through that stench.

29. WhatWasThat?
    Coffee/keyboard

@That thar dog

So hard... I tried so hard... But can't stop from commenting...

O. M. G.

That is all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like