back to article LG XD4 500GB

There's plenty to commend LG's XD4 external hard drive for: it looks good, it's reasonably quiet and it comes with some handy extras. It's not without its quirks, mind. LG XD4 LG's XD4: behind the curve? The 500GB XD4 we tested comes in a 185 x 122 x 36mm matte black shell with glossy rims - red and white versions are also …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Hughes 1

FAT

So, you won't be making files > 4GB then.....like all of my backup files (admittedly on a Linux box).

And, really, is there any point in reviewing USB hard drives? After all, they are all pretty much exactly the same.

2. Deadly_NZ
    WTF?

500 gig

Waste of time way too small nee 2 TB plus not piddley little 500 gig babies

3. Scott Mckenzie

@James

Err, plenty of point reviewing hard drives as they aren't equal - i've noticed some major variation of read and write times.

As for FAT32, i think this was for the purpose of the test for use on a Mac, sure they could have gone HFS+ but that wouldn't be in line with the others. Most backup programs worth their salt also allow you to specify maximum file size too... maybe you should try a proper OS ;-)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What make of drive?

Who makes the drive that's inside this thing? Such information would be very useful to folks, such as myself, who will no longer touch Seagate drives with a shitty stick after the Barracuda firmware debacle.

5. Tony Smith, Editor, Reg Hardware (Written by Reg staff)

@Simon Ward

It's a Hitachi drive.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like