back to article Shutters brought down on mortgage foreclosure racket

A bogus mortgage foreclosure prevention operation that traded in misery has been shut down by a US court. The court acted in an action brought by the Federal Trade Commission against Freedom Foreclosure Prevention Services, Loss Mitigation Training Center of America, Jeffrey C. Segal, and Michael R. Workman. The defendants …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Shut down...yeah

only to be re-opened within a few months under yet another name, in another jurisdiction...

Absolute travesty of justice - a year's jail time in a medium security prison would be more than appropriate to stop them from trying again.

Love the new icons...FAIL for obvious reasons regarding the course of justice...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So...

...they ripped people off the people they hired to rip people off! Bastards to a man, but points for thoroughness...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hang 'em

Type your comment here — plain text only, no HTML

4. It wasnt me
    Thumb Down

Thoroughly interesting.......

but what is it doing on the register ?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Oh yes...

Based urdz!

6. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Hangings not good enough

1. Flogged

2. Drawn

3. Quartered

4. Burnt

7. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Grenade

Did you think no one would get rich in this recession?

Think again.

Chaos (and desperation) create opportunity.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: It wasnt me

Theres a tech angle.

" ..... through its web site....."

"....allegedly used email marketing ..."

9. Glenn Amspaugh
    Paris Hilton

Desperation tears...

...taste the best!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Personally, I think the court finding in instances like this should be

1) They pay the fines/serve the time for the relevant federal statutes.

2) The courts establish a process whereby anyone defrauded by the defendants can submit their information to an office which will proceed to file the appropriate civil charges on behalf of the person defrauded, and said office would have tracking information, including social security numbers, tax ids, and all known alias for the defendant. Civil damages should automatically be treble the amount for which the people filing the complaint were defrauded.

3) In case of doubt, establish that awards granted under item #2 above cannot be mooted by bankruptcy.

11. b 3
    WTF?

that's pretty nasty.

talk about vultures..

they shoud lock them up and throw away the key..

people like that don't deserve ANY sympathy..

12. Fatman
    Grenade

Scummy B@$tard$

@AC,

I like you idea. but I would insert

0) Public display in a pillory for 1 year. Supply plenty of appropriately rotten produce, eggs; and buckets of fecal matter. Perhaps allow their victims an opportunity to give these scumbags a good lashing (with a whip).

And, as far as #4 goes; make sure that they are ALIVE, when burnt.

Scum like these are one reason why the 8th Amendment (banning cruel and unusual punishment) should be waived in some cases.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

@Personally, I think the court finding in instances like this should be

That'll work in any civilized justice system. Unfortunately, this is one system that isn't either civilized or just.

Maybe the Chinese system?

14. Anonymous Coward
    Terminator

The most important part

Is to make sure they never, ever get to enjoy a penny worth of what they have stolen and that they be stripped of all assets anywhere in the whole world to pay back their victims.

Then dump a bunch of rabid weasles down their pants.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Do you qualify for the Mortgage Modification Bailout?

If anyone has had any luck with any of these companies, could you please post it for the ones that cannot find one to work with you. We've almost lost once and just got a second chance that want last long so I need to get something done now, so if anyone knows the right number to call, i am sure a lot of people that hasn't found them would appreciate it but check out http://obamamortgage2009.blogspot.com or obamamortgage2009.blogspot.com

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like