back to article Man dressed as dead mother to scam $1m

A 49-year-old Brooklyn man faces up to 25 years' jail for allegedly dressing as his dead mother to scam $1m in benefits and loans, the New York Daily News reports. Thomas Parkin Thomas Prusik Parkin (pictured) adopted Irene Prusik's identify following her death in 2003, the Brooklyn district attorney's office claims. Dressed …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. LuMan
    Paris Hilton

Evidence??

"investigators presented Parkin with clear evidence he was not his mother, in the form of a photograph of her grave."

As opposed to pointing out that (1) he's not old enough to be his own mother or (2) he's not female??

Hope his legal council know how to respond to the 'liar, liar, pants on fire' allegations.....

Paris, 'cos she's been known to diddle things in the past (fnaar).

2. lansalot
    Coat

hmmm.

If he's posing as his dead mother, I presume he'll get a stiff sentence.

ThankyouI'llbehereallweektrytheveal

3. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

"But I'm not dead! That's a fake grave!"

"When he was cuffed on Monday, investigators presented Parkin with clear evidence he was not his mother, in the form of a photograph of her grave."

Couldn't he/she have just fired back that the picture was a fake? Or did they also come with the mother's death certificate?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

fixed

"investigators presented Parkin with clear evidence he was not his mother by tasering him in the cock."

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That's nothing.

Kitty Ussher spent exactly 200 quid on food every month, solely on performing her parliamentary duties.

How did she do that? What did she do when the food came to 199.57 pence? Did she go to buy 43 penny chews?

This man dressing up as his mother was clearly only exercising an error of judgement, and now it's come out, he should be allowed to keep the money, so long as he says sorry.

6. Joe H.

Pining for the fjords

"When he was cuffed on Monday, investigators presented Parkin with clear evidence he was not his mother, in the form of a photograph of her grave."

Parkin: She's just,... I mean, I'm just resting.

Cop: Look, matey, I know a dead woman when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Parkin: Nononono, no, no! I'm resting!

Cop: We have a lovely cage here, inside which you can continue your resting. Come along now.

7. Michael Jarve
    Coat

von Lipwig he is not...

Unless, that is, he walks into the Oval Office where Patrician Obama offers him the post of Secretary of the Treasury.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@ LuMan

Easy answer: Botox and a sex-change!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I was confused at first...

given that he has a 5 o'clock shadow, adam's apple and the fact that he has every other male attribute you can think of... But then I realized it was Brooklyn, everyone looks like that....

10. Peter Gray
    Joke

"... so I am my mother."

"Luke, I am your... no wait wait, , YOU are your... hmmm, this isn't going to work the way I expected"

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like