back to article ITU calls for cooperation in keeping kids safe online

The International Telecommunications Union has issued draft guidelines to help keep kids safe online. We're not sure how many children will wade through the 66 page pdf offering advice for kids online, but its basic message is sensible. Using the acronym 'SMART' kids are advised to: Set your limits - use privacy settings, be …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Wrong wrong wrong...

It should say.

Everyone is evil, they either want to kill you or do nasty things to you. If you don't belive us read the Daily Flail.

MySpace, Facebook and Twitter will kill you (see above)

Don't download stuff you shouldn't, such as MP3's & films because the industry will loose £50,000 a year you would normal spend on such items.

The goverment is your friend, believe everyting they say. It's all true.

There that's addressed these lies!

2. Andraž Levstik

OMG Brainz!!!!

Someone HAZ them!!!!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sounds uncannily like...

...what we used to call "common sense" when I was a kid.

4. A B 3
    Go

Stranger Danger 2.0

This should quell the rabid technophobe parents concerns.

5. Bug

April the 1st ??

I find it extremely hard to believe that someone is "thinking of the children" and actually making sense.

Had to double check the date, then check that this was not an article from the Onion. Still I can see someone being out of a job soon for having the cheek to not claim that the internet and everyone using it must be banned/blocked/blacklisted/monitored and kept in a database to be lost in public via a USB stick or laptop

Cannot see this lasting for long before this is either quietly buried or denounced as some form of terrorism plot. Should we start a fund to help the soon to be unemployed author of this report.

Whatever next ... Someone will suggest that every single male you see is not a paedophile and that everyone with a tan and a beard is not a terrorist or that downloading a single mp3 does not lose a company £50,000 each time.

6. Wortel

Still

Need to teach today's parents these things, so their children will teach their children later on. Parents, parents, parents!

7. Shakje
    Stop

@Bug

It's been shown time and time again that every song you download loses the company nothing, but it loses the artist hundreds of thousands of pounds, funds terrorism, turns you into a spotty nerd with glasses who nobody likes, causes impotence, and kills kittens. Think of the children you vermin.

8. jake Silver badge

Finally!

I'm glad that someone has finally stepped up to take the parental role that has been sadly lacking world-wide of late. And about time, too!

Unfortunately, it's the ITU and not the actual parents ...

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My brains.

Let me show you them!

This topic is closed for new posts.