back to article Paris Airshow kicks off

Yesterday saw the opening of the biannual Paris Airshow (or more correctly the Salon du Bourget Air et Espace). Like its British counterpart at Farnborough, held in alternate years, Paris is a technology show as much as it is an aviation one - not to mention the fact that the aerospace world is joined at the hip to the world of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. MattW

I've never seen a rusty space rocket before

are they making them out of Iron these days

2. Richard Clayton
    Black Helicopters

Firefox

That IMI Loitering Munition tech looks a hell a lot like the Firefox (of the Clint Eastwood film, not the browser). Wonder if it flies without that giant airfix stand?

3. George 19
    Go

That Israel loitering munition thing...

...is going to cost a pretty penny, and I can't see where the bang comes from but hey, it looks cool and that is what matters when it comes to death tech. I have always thought the reaper looks puny!

4. Admiral Grace Hopper
    Thumb Up

Chapeau!

J'adore les sous-titres.

5. Moz
    Paris Hilton

Paris? Airshow?

And there was me thinking this was going to be about our favourite heiress and a bungee cord...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Well...

Where's the Paris angl... oh.

7. Napoleon
    Thumb Up

Hat down

@Admiral Grace Hoppe

that must be the famous "humour britannique".

My favorite being "Vous ne m'avez jamais vu? Droite" even google translator can't get it right (sorry droite).

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Firefox

I was thinking that it looks a lot like the Tau Gunships from Warhammer 40K.

So El Reg which is it?

9. pc
    Happy

Thanks..

Now I have wasted 10 minutes of my life trying to explain why poorly translated french captions are funny.

And how they relate to IT, and what this 'Register' you speak of has to do with my job..

Funny though. Good work chaps!

Allez les Vautours!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Brilliant!

the best has got to be : Nous crachons sur le Vista de M'sieu Gates, il est une boîte de puanteurs. Pah.

when mangled thru babelfish, it arrives as : We spit on the Vista de M' sieu Spoil, it is a box of stinks. Pah

11. Simon B
    Paris Hilton

Paris Airshow - How will she be doing that??

Paris Airshow eh! Sounds kinky!

12. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Much of the Paris gloom

You would think that just BEING in Paris would make them happy, but noooooooo.

13. James Pickett

Bluewash

Did I read that right? A *diesel* helicopter..? Merde!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like