back to article Swine flu eclipsed by new fruity, full-bodied menace

Be afraid, be very afraid: The BBC's News 24 has announced the first victim of a terrifying new influenza strain which seems poised to hit the UK's licensed victuallers very hard indeed: BBC's News 24 ticker tape reports UK's first wine flu death Wine flu is, of course, a hideous variant of the traditional pub flu which …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Suffering badly from Wine flew this AM

It being a Monday, and yesterday I flew through 3 bottles of quite pleasant wine, I'm suffering from this ailment quite terribly this AM.

2. Steve ten Have
    Paris Hilton

Wine flue? I think...

I has that on Sunday morning - awful stuff Wine Flu...

3. Richard Porter
    Coat

Maily adsales?

Pot - kettle, kettle - pot :)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Wine Flu - sounds good to me

Anyone recommend where I can find a dose

5. Ken Hagan Gold badge
    Dead Vulture

In fairness to the Beeb...

How is this fair to the Beeb?

They have chosen to stick with an inaccurate and misleading moniker, presumably because they are so contemptuous of their audience's intelligence that they don't think we'd cope with switching to the proper name. (Dear Beeb, *you* may be as thick as pig shit, but I'm not. Luv, Ken. xx)

Gravestone, coz Lord Reith will be turning in his.

6. Jason Togneri
    Boffin

Immunity!

Like any dangerous substance, the best way to let your body build up an immunity is to expose yourself to it in small quantities, on a regular basis...

7. John Savard

Other Dangers

In addition to the H1N1 flu pandemic, of course, another recent headline to be concerned about would be that of the recent events in the DPRK. Besides "Wine Flu", another item added to those two, one that has been perceived as earth-shattering by many who have reacted to it, are the changes to the timing rules for the combat damage step in the forthcoming Magic: 2010 core set. So we have many things to worry about!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Oooh Laa Laa

OMG this is going to hit us bad in France, it's not as if the French are any good at producing decent Bacon - Methinks we could be in trouble.

9. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Re: Immunity!

I've been exposed to a continous drizzle of pandemic scare stories for a number of years now. I still find that they cause me a terrible pain in the arse every time I see one, so I don't think this works.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yuppie flu

It was only a matter of time before this strain of yuppie flu reared it's head again.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Jason Togneri

"Like any dangerous substance, the best way to let your body build up an immunity is to expose yourself to it in small quantities, on a regular basis..."

Except for those whose effects are cumulative.

12. Luther Blissett

In fairness to the BBC...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

13. gollux
    Happy

Monday morning illness...

From indulging all weekend instead of prudently stopping on Sunday and giving your body a rest?

Over here we call it the "Bottle Flu" among other names.

14. Dennis
    Unhappy

Typing mistake

I automatically corrected the typing mistake and read it as "WHINE FLU".

I thought it was going to a story about some moaning non-entity. Or simply Anne Diamond.

15. Andus McCoatover

Still prefer Sky!

http://www.boreme.com/boreme/funny-2005/bush-worst-disaster-p1.php

16. b166er
    Coat

Pah!

This is just sour grapes!

Handle??? That's a big 10-, yeah, whatever.

17. Fozzy 1
    Dead Vulture

Phew! Dodged that bullet

I'm a scotch man

18. Cortland Richmond

NOT swine flu

PIGFLUENZA

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like