back to article Xbox 360 Halo 3 kick-ass console priced

Amid the increasing interest in the Xbox 360 Elite UK launch tomorrow, pricing details and technical specifications for the Halo 3 special edition console - first seen back in July - have finally been released. xbox360_halo MS' Halo 3 Xbox 360: feast your eyes... Carrying a price tag of £280, the special edition console …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bun

"Sadly however, you have to spend yet more of your hard-earned if you want the game itself, 'cause that isn't included."

How cheap of them. I suppose therefore that most shops will bundle the game on their own initiative, and round up the price to £300, or thereabouts.

It's a shame they didn't fit little wheels to the console; it looks like something kids might want to whizz around on. Like one of those Trunki things.

2. Matthew

Will it overheat?

And break?

3. Rockvole

Snot Green

Wow snot green colour AND a whole 20Gig hard drive!! Isnt 20Gigs how much RAM you need to run Vista these days?

4. Eugene Goodrich

Gorgeous

Actually, I think that's a stunning color scheme. Very "Space Marine", which is far more/older than just a Halo thing.

Maybe I should paint my GameCube to look like that...

5. Josh Hamilton

But...

Will it Blend?!?!

6. Steven Williams

I think you are all being a bit hard

I think the previous comments are a little hard.

It looks great to a Halo fan (I am one).

I have been waiting for Halo 3 to come out so I can justify purchasing a xBox 360. After all it's the only console game I play. I have a nice and expensive PC for proper games.

Now that this is coming out I will probably purchase the special edition along with a copy of the game purely as a talking point with my mates.

Microsoft are just making a few pennies more with the special edition and after all why wouldn't they want to. All the other console manufacturers have done the same thing. Look at the white playstations and silver consoles that came out a while ago.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You know I never thought id say this...

but im beginning to think I should have bought a PS3 even though that would have meant missing out on halo... Ive never felt so cheated by a company, the original XBOX i have is still going strong but after having the red lights problem on the 360, getting it repaired and then having it fail again my enthusiasm for microsoft and the xbox are really waning, i was all ready to have a shouting session down the phone line but i was lost for words, all i could say was "im very very very very disappointed". Instead of coming out with yet more variations of the 360 perhaps they should replace all the faulty ones theyve sold in the past, surely theres a law against this kind of thing to protect consumers????

8. Jag

You never thought you'd say this..

Yes, I have to agree with you there too.. The 360 breaking down isn't the problem, it's the pain with the arcade downloaded software that really is a pain. You lose the ability for individuals on your own console to run it under their own signon etc., I think it's a con. Sure, MS are prepared to bin 1bn for the warranty, but what about addressing the issue with the downloaded games?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like