back to article Surrey schoolkids whip out 12ft todger

The powers that be have ordered the removal of a brick-based jolly jape carried out by pupils from Sutton Grammar School in Surrey - years after school leavers left a message for ET and months after sharp-eyed Google Earth scourers spotted the 12ft todger: 12ft cock written in bricks on roof of Sutton Grammar School Head …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. The Original Ash

What?

Am I looking at the dark "shadow" which looks very much like a shadow towards the centre-right, or the indistinguishable brick-coloured mark on the roof?

If that's a wang, there are some serious genetic defects in Surrey...

2. Frostbite
    Paris Hilton

Size matters...

Can't make it out, needs to be much bigger. Pupils must try harder!

Paris, because she knows how to present a todger to the world.

3. Frostbite
    Paris Hilton

I'm blonde...

I can make it out now. It's not a picture in bricks, it's letters. LOL

Paris again, because at the moment I feel just as inteligent......Doh!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Grammar school?

That's a bit of a disappointment... I would have expected a far longer word, and better hand writing!

5. Paul 8
    Thumb Up

Ironside

Can I be the first to congratulate Gordon on having common sense and a great name.

6. Raspy32
    Coat

"sharp-eyed Google Earth scourers"

Personally I think somebody should ask these sharp-eyed people what they are doing examining satellite photos of school grounds in such great detail!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

The cock on the roof

As an old Suttonian I can say it's been there for years, and has been visible on google maps for a long time too. I laughed when it made it into the local paper this week, but going national... Slow news week?

8. Dave_H
    Joke

School leavers!

At least some of them can spell - even if it only has 4 letters!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Good Job!

Ahhhh - my faith in schoolkids is restored.

10. BillyBoy
    Pirate

Awesome!

Google should have an image enhancer for this kind of thing. Perhaps it could recognise there is a word in the image and then add better resolution and sharpen that section of the image a little :-)

11. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Known for years

Pupils (and many teachers) within the school have known about this for years. Seems like someone from outside the school finally noticed!

12. disgruntled yank

It should be remarked

That in much of the American south, that word has an opposite and indeed complementary meaning.

13. Joe K
    Paris Hilton

Am i going blind?

I just can't see anything here.

Paris! Little help please.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ disgruntlrd yank

I live in the American south, and you're an idiot. Perhaps you should figure out what the Brits mean by "todger".

15. Aortic Aneurysm

@OriginalAsh

Either trolling at its finest, or being a bit daft.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Coming home to roost

"Cock" is not rude, it's a male bird. Only people with dirty minds would prefer we use "rooster".

17. ****
    Coat

Re: Coming home to roost

We tried rooster but there just weren't enough bricks.

18. Jamie Jones Silver badge

google maps url

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=grammar+school+surrey&sll=51.365203,-0.189815&sspn=0.000209,0.000518&ie=UTF8&cd=1&t=h&radius=0.01&filter=0&rq=1&ll=51.365203,-0.189815&spn=0.000209,0.000518&z=21

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ BillyBoy

Google Cock Enhancer? It's more likely than you think...

20. Bob Merkin
    Alert

What?

In the US, stories like this usually end with a comment about "it is not yet clear if school authorities will press charges." Granted, it sounds like those responsible are long gone from the school. But defacing school grounds/public property, anti-social behavior, embarrassing authority figures, etc. can't be allowed to go unchecked. Where's the promise of an investigation?

21. frank ly

@Bob Merkin re. What?

In the UK we say 'bloody kids!' then forget about it after making them clean it up (if we can find them). This is because most of us can look back into our memories and say 'that's nothing compared to what I once did when I was a kid'.

BTW: Arranging loose bricks into a pattern is not 'defacing' anything. Making a rude word where no member of the public can see it is not anti-social and can not embarrass anyone; the roof was never intended to be seen by anyone. What they are guilty of is making 'unauthorised art installations' and this will soon be written into the rules/laws to allow the authorities to deal with similar situations in the future. That is how we deal with this kind of problem in the UK (I'm not joking)

22. Winkypop Silver badge
    Flame

Standards are slipping

We burnt or school down after graduation.

23. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Bob Merkin

Dont worry surrey police are investigating the large cock now...

In other news a hole was also found in the grounds... this is also being looked into...

Sorry, Ill leave now.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Really.....really.....slow....

....news........week......

25. skeptical i
    Pirate

Maybe they'll grow up to be architects ...

... who design something like this glorious monument to consumerism -- http://www.thebloggersguide.com/reykjavik/smaralind-penis-mall

Shiver THAT timber, matey!

26. Damien Thorn
    Paris Hilton

blind groundsmen

kids on the roof writing profanities, and no one noticed till it was picked up by sat. And an old story as well.

paris - because she would take a todger on the roof too.

This topic is closed for new posts.