back to article Microsoft spins out intellectual property business

Microsoft has spun out an intellectual property business unit it acquired two years ago, apparently to control the company's costs. Working in tandem with Enterprise Ireland and a trio of entrepreneurs, Redmond has turned its Software Licensing and Protection (SLP) Services unit into a business called InishTech. InishTech will …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Christopher Ahrens
    Coat

Is it just me?

When I first read this, I thought it said the company's name was IniTech...

Mine's the one with TPS reports and Red Stapler in the pocket...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Microsoft Intelectual Property?

MS's intellectual property - that they generally steal or copy from everyone else - and they proclaim they are the great innovators - when they bring it out - like 5 or 6 or 7 years after everyone else has done it....

Microsoft's operating systems are a great leaps forward - like most of their operating systems, tend to vary from shit to really really bad.

"Ooooo you mean that with MS's firewall and squillion security patches and malware removers - that one tiny little worm can sneak in, shut all the systems down and open the PC to the web - and nothing MS has can shut it down?"

Down goes one's data and operating system in a spectacular flaming wreck like a space shuttle with a wee dent in the heat tiles.....

And then toss in their predatory and dishonest corporate bullying - to eliminate all competition - of stuff that is generally wayyyyyyyyyy better than theirs....

That's called anti trust......

The latest abortion of a office suite is just a dog terd wrapped in tinsel - with some marginal improvements; but most of it is just a con job to force everyone to play along with the never ending cash cow of the Microsoft Upgrade cycle....

MS's software is such crap I and an awful lot of other people even refuse to use the pirated copies of their software.......

Who gives a rats arse about Microsoft and their intellectual property?

Linux is the best thing that has ever happened to me - a HUGE thankyou to the people who helped make this all possible.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like