back to article Pirate Party set to board European Parliament ship?

Two separate polls have today indicated that the Pirate Party could win at least one of Sweden's 18 seats in the European Parliament elections. Results aren't expected until Sunday, but surveys suggest that the anti-copyright, pro-filesharing party may have grabbed between six and eight per cent of the vote in Sweden. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Drem
    Stop

Their rating dropped?

s\quelled\swelled\ ?

I think thats what you mean anyway...

2. Anonymous John
    Happy

The Roman Party Ave!

was on my ballot paper. I almost voted for them, but these are strange times. They might win.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Ship Ahoy!

Take no prisoners (except Keira Knightley)!!!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Humm

If Pirate Party elects someone I fear that our beloved Andrew Orlowski will suffer a freetard+regtard combined psychosis!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Winner Takes it All

Copyright meets its Waterloo?

That's about all Sweden has ever done for music, I am not surprised they want their music free they don't really have too much of their own.

6. Michael
    Happy

Expenses claim...

...for blank dvds?????

7. Louis

So,

Still trying to figure out how to apply laws designed for movable/tangible objects to intangibles? Good for us.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Single issue parties

What sort of idiot votes for a single issue party, especially sending them to Europe? I dispare.

re: Romans party - he's a very nice bloke from Reading, mad as a fish, but very nice nontheless (my local libdem councillor knows him). He got 33 votes in the last local elections. Ave!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Freetards!

Forget the economy. Forget integrated European defense. Forget subsidy reform. Vote for the most selfish party on the ticket, just to ensure you can carry on downloading music and films. Cnuts.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@Big Chris

"Forget integrated European defense. Forget subsidy reform."

That's why I voted UK Independence.

United states of Europe = DO NOT WANT.

As for the economy, that's why we need to kick nyoo labour out ASAP.

I would vote Pirate Party if we had one :(

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@AC

I'd would have voted for blackbeard the pirate if he was still here. I doubt he would have robbed us any worse than the current crooks

12. Steen Hive
    Boffin

@The winner takes it all

In monetary terms Sweden is the third biggest exporter of music in the World - and far outstrips pretty much everyone else in a per-capita measure, excepting perhaps Ireland.

It's not about copyright anyway, it's about civil rights - including not having to live your life in a perverse CCTV, phorm-snooping reality-show because of some makey-uppy "property" law.

This topic is closed for new posts.