back to article Man creates third-gen iPhone rumours picture

Rumours about which features may be added to the third-generation iPhone appear on an almost daily basis, making them very hard to remember. So one iPhone fanatic’s put them all together into a single image. iphone_rumours_01 Click for full-resolution image Image courtesy of The Green Room Blogger Remy’s taken front and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Matthew LaShure
    Coat

He forgot...

He completely forgot the color category of "No way in hell would they ever"

One of the ones that falls under that is the built-in FM Transmitter. I think we can all agree that apple would never build in a feature for free that would eliminate the need for you to buy an accesory.

Is that an iPhone in my pocket? Oh wait... I was scared there for a second. There's my Crackberry.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iBling Catch Up v3

A fucking compass!!!?? Great idea Steve, now lay down and rest again you senile old codger.

3. Richard Cartledge
    Thumb Up

What is FM?

FM transmitter is legacy. Apple don't do legacy.

4. Aaron Singh
    Jobs Horns

Unfair?

Not that I'm a massive supporter of Apple but its a bit unfair suggesting that there is a low chance of Video calling. Most phones of that price range have 3G video calling anyway but then again this is apple.

Also I think 802.11n WiFi is useless, unless Apple upgrade the Hardware majorly , the processor and system won't be able to cope with the extra speeds of 802.11n , not to mention the battery drain.

We'll see what Apple do, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, this is Apple ; LowSpec HiGUI HiPrice .

5. MGJ
    Thumb Down

A title is required

So, still no chance of proper bluetooth support?

6. Ross Fleming

@Matthew

In fairness, Apple don't make iTrips, so no skin off their nose if they steal someone's market. It's Griffin et al who'll lose out.

7. Stu
    Go

OLED

OLED support would indeed be faaantastic! Except I have to agree with the likelihood assessment on the pic - unlikely.

Of course its not technically impossible mind you, what with these Cowon S9 and Sony X series MP3 players, but it'll bump the price up no end.

So now why dont they just do OLED and LCD versions - charge a premium for the OLED model, and you get improved battery life for your 3G browsing too.

At the WWDC all will be revealed soon.

8. Ross Fleming

Real question

How many of those "innovations" (if true) will be hardware dependent? Apart from the obvious ones of course.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Erm...

so nothing that Nokia, Benefon, Ericsson, Motorola etc did years ago then...

fscking apple fanboys...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not the best laid-out Keynote Bingo card I've ever seen

but I'll take it. And a big dobber.

11. James O'Brien
    Flame

To all of you who came before me

Careful with the dissing of the JesusPhone. I have been burned by the Mactards (yes Im using an old word to entice them) even though I have systems running *nix, Win and OSCrap at home. They all have their uses but these jacklas only see you knocking Apple and miss the rest of it.

Beware the flames!!!

12. jai

iPhone bingo

excellent - we get to print this out now and watch the Keynote and the first person to get all the items of one colour can yell out BINGO in the middle of the keynote :)

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@"nothing that Nokia, Benefon, Ericsson, Motorola etc did years ago then..."

Yeah, and which of them made truckloads of money out of all these features?

The iPhone isn't my cup of tea at all, but you have to give credit to Apple for taking a bunch of well-proven geektech and making it chump-compatible.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RE: Erm

AC wrote: "so nothing that Nokia, Benefon, Ericsson, Motorola etc did years ago then...

fscking apple fanboys..."

Umm, what's under discussion here is what features are likely to be on the new iPhone.

If "Nokia, Benefon, Ericson, Motorola etc" all have a particular feature, don't you think Apple will be keen to introduce it into their product?

(Either you're a troll or a 'tard, maybe both - I can't decide)

15. Steven
    Jobs Halo

Changed mind over iPhone

Sure, I may have been brainwashed by the Mactards in my work, but when my own phone recently bit the dust, I decided to give it a try.

I've been very, very surprised by just how intuitive to use the phone is, how good a phone it is (calls that don't drop every 20 seconds, which beats 3 in my book) and how handy some of those apps are - I can actually do work on my iPhone during meetings without looking shamefaced.

As someone who was up until a few weeks ago a non-Mac zealot, it's quite incredible to see just how much of the actual bad press I've read was just hype.

Go on, give it a try, you know you want to.... /Florencethesupplierfromthemagicroundabout

16. martinX
    Jobs Halo

@Steven

It's when you use an Apple product that you finally get what all the fuss was about.

17. Pierre

@ martinX

"It's when you use an Apple product that you finally get what all the fuss was about."

I'm sorry, I must disagree with that. I don't know about the phone, but I found the imac, the macbook, and the ipods I've used really bland* and even substandard. They look quite OK as long as you don't use them though.

*I must admit that some games on the recent ipods are nice, but if I wanted a gaming platform, I'd have bought one (with the money left from buying a better still much cheaper media player, maybe?)

18. Daniel Owen

Youtube Uploading

Don't you think they would need a licence for this, and due to YouTube being owned by the big G, wouldn't you think they would want that to be exclusive to phones running their OS?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like