back to article Nintendo admits to rival DSi handheld

Nintendo has revealed that it’s already designed an alternative handheld console to the DSi. The handheld was conceived at some point during the previous three years, but the gaming giant’s Global President, Satoru Iwata, told CNBC that it’s since decided not to release the mystery device. He didn’t disclose any technical …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Karim Bourouba

The mind boggles.

What could it be? A handheld with some crazy control system? With more than one screen? A handheld that shows you the best techniques for tossing a pancake?

2. W

GameBoy

Remember that the DS is a standalone brand and there's not been an official successor to the GameBoy Advance.

At the time of it's release, the DS was reported as a new, experimental, product branch that would run alongside the GameBoy, but the success of the DS took over.

3. Trygve Henriksen
    Coat

I'm puzzled..

Why do they even mention this now when the DSi is selling so well?

Is it because Sony is showing off the latest model PSP?

Anyway, whatever it is, I hope they remember to add support for WPA encrypted WiFi.

(I'm skipping the DSi because with only WEP-encryption, I won't be using any online functions, not even battling Pokémon online)

Mine's the jacket with the Pokedex in the pocket...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Easy fix to wifi problem

If you do wish to use the online services you can get ninty's wireless adapter. it is a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist, but perhaps worth the cost.

Back to the article... whatever it is, i want one.

5. Law
    Paris Hilton

meh

I had two ds-lites ... sold mine, kept the other as it's the wifes.... I'm currently keeping a close eye on Open Pandora project.... so far it is shaping up to be everything the new psp should have been - really wifi / bluetooth / touchscreen / two sticks ... should be awesome for playing snes games, quake 3 matches and so on! :) I just hope they make the case a little more attractive!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like