back to article Mountain View gets boxed in with Google Squared

Google has released an experimental tool allowing users to test out search results that are automatically arranged into the familiar rows and columns of an ordinary spreadsheet. The search prototype, which is dubbed Google Squared, made its public debut as a Google Labs offering on Wednesday. The semantics-based tool was …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

useless

"42" doesn't work anymore....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Google’s Searchology shindig

Wow, I read that as google's scientology shindig. i've GOT to get these specs fixed.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Enter fake data

Looks to me as if they simply asked people to search, and when it fails, the ask the user to enter data in the grid, or add more columns or rows.

i.e. they ask the user to provide the search result, then provide that to a different user the next time that search term is requested.

So, enter "friends of bush" get nothing, it says "But don't give up yet! Start a Square by entering up to 5 example items below." (what you want ME to provide the search result???), you enter 5 results, it then does a Google sets on those, and lists the top common search terms for that set along the top, inviting you to add more or delete unwanted ones.

Someone else comes along, enters "friends of Bush", gets a result that looks handcrafted... because it was, by the first searcher!

Looks like Wolfram fud to me, something knocked together in a week. I suggest entering fake or tangential results...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like