back to article Reed seeks project engineer at £2k per hour

It doesn't come with quite the astounding salary Elan recruitment agency was offering earlier this week to one lucky senior server technical analyst, but any project engineer currently at a loose end could do worse than check out this vacancy down at Reed: Reed offers project engineer post at £2,000 - £2,500 per hour Nice. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Simon Chiu

A month from retirement?

It may only be for a month but you could retire after that.

2. Ishkandar

Revenge of the HR department...

This is almost as good as the ad I saw in Hong Kong, three years ago, for an Java programmer - HK$ 25,000 (approx. 1600 quid) per month; must have 10 years Java experience.

3. call me scruffy

BUT IT'S IN YORKSHIRE!

'nuff said

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oi!!!

Cheeky sod!!!

There's nowt wrong with Yorkshire I'll have you know :P

I woudn't mind that salary either.

5. Shaun Vizer

Can you imagine..

How much the Project Manager must be getting! :)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: BUT IT'S IN YORKSHIRE

People should *pay* to go to work in Gods county, for the privilege.

7. andywebsdale

Internal?

Internal Technology - what's that?

No wonder the money is so good...

8. Tom

Shame..

There was me thinking a couple of hours a week would do me. So I clicked through, and the rate has gone down to £20-25 per hour.

9. Greg

Woohoo!

I'm in Leeds. :-)

Wait, they've fixed it. Awwwwww.

10. christopher

The DWP.

OMG thats over 300k just to refurbish IT kit. The DWP are certainly managing their budgets well.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Shame it was a typo

I clicked through the image link and the rate has changed, it now reads £20-£25 per hour...

Shame really

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not so good as it looks

Unless it comes with a free parking space

13. Steve

Comrades, this is no accident !

I see this all the time. Recruitment 'consultants' seem incapable of a)distinguishing between contract and perm posts, and b) filling in the details boxes on their automated submission forms properly.

Mind you, they aren't renowned for their intelligence, I can remember back in the good old days (when Computer weekly was about the size of an Argos catalogue) seeing a rash of job ads requiring candidates to have three years of Java development. This was in early 1996. (Java was released in May 23 of 1995)

But hey, I sense I'm about to get on to a rant about the endemic incompetence in the IT recruitment industry and it's negative effects on the industry proper (like manufacturing a 'skills crisis' where none exists), so EOF

14. Trevor Watt

Shame...

Shame they have fixed the advert, I figured if I got the job I could have managed at least a half a day before they clicked on to the fact I can't do it! Well it is for the DWP!

This topic is closed for new posts.