back to article Hacker disrupts economy of annoying Twitter-based game

An annoying Twitter-based game has been exploited through a Robin Hood-style attack involving the transfer of imaginary funds. Spymaster is the micro-blogging equivalent of the Zombies application popular on Facebook a year or so ago. Would-be Jason Bournes who sign onto the programme get points for recruiting users to their " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ben Tasker
    Paris Hilton

Twitters Version of Paypal

I love it, never knew it until I read the links, but Twitter appear to have their own version of Paypal. its name?

Twitpay

How very, very fitting

2. Studley
    Gates Horns

Filling Twitter with useless junk?

So this game launched in 2006 then? And Stephen Fry is the Sheriff of Nottingham?

Evil Bill, because he probably makes £75.39trillion in just 15 minutes

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sad

sad, sad.

4. Jason Bloomberg Silver badge
    Flame

Merchant Bankers !

"You have been scammed by the money launderers and should blame them for any financial issues you have" ... we zeroed your account balance.

Talk about disingenuous - Are they 'avin a farkin larf ?

Can you imagine this happening in the real world; someone drops a fake couple of million in your account so the banks take that couple of million plus whatever was legitimately there !

Serves the twats in twitter land right. Welcome to Web 2.0 and the wankers that run it.

Made my day. ROTFLMAO.

5. Haku

hahahahahaha

"money laundering"

hahahahahaha

They're just too embarrassed to admit they had a flaw in their code so they put the blame on someone else.

6. bertie bassett
    Stop

Not much on at trend this week then?

"Ferguson's write-up of the hack, which uncovered flaws in poorly-written code, can be found here"

So that's a report on flaws in an imaginary game on top of annoying platform. If he's not got anything better to do then surely he could run for home sec - at least being a technologist he might have more of a clue than soon to be ex wacky jacqui...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

"filling Twitter with useless junk "

I thought twitter was made for people to post useless messages...

8. Camilla Smythe

Hai

I am have to vote tomorrow?????

9. Seanmon

Who cares?

Yesterday's technology anyway, I saw a job ad for a web 3.0 developer today. (Yes, really.)

10. Andrew Moore

Really???

"flaws in poorly-written code"??? On Twitter??? The irony...

11. Stevie

Bah!

I readily admit I'm an old fart who doesn't stand a chance of "getting a clue" in this web 2.summat world, but could someone just explain to me if there is ANYTHING useful achived by this twitter nonsense?

A vanity press for electronic Post-It notes from where I'm sitting, I've still to get an inkling what the hell it's supposed to be *for*.

12. Ceiling Cat
    Linux

@Stevie

I think it's supposed to be so that you can tell all your friends/the whole world" that you're taking a poop, as seen in this webcomic :

[NSFW]

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/4/23/

[/NSFW]

Peurile, I know, but it still gave me a laugh.

Tux, because I like penguins.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like