back to article MS hits 30m Xbox 360 sales total

Microsoft has sold more than 30m Xbox 360s, the company announced last night. That's more than the number of PlayStation 3s Sony has shipped to date, but less than the number of Nintendo Wiis out in folks' homes: around 22m and 50m, respectively. Bear in mind that Microsoft had year's sales lead on both of these consoles. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

But how many faulty ones?

Pretty everyone but the braindead fanboys acknowledge it's 30% or more... With some suggesting it was once as high as 68% ( http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/report-xbox-360-failure-rate-was-as-high-as-68/?biz=1)

I think it's a safe bet that it's over 12m faulty consoles so far. Congratulations Microsoft, I hope your premature launch was worth it...

I know of only 1 Xbox owner who claims to be on his first console still (and we suspect he is lying about it...).

I don't see how Microsoft should be releasing happy shiney press releases like this, when the Xbox quality problem is so bad. I wonder how many of those 30m are bought replacements for failed units? My neighbor bought a replacement because he was not aware of the RROD replacement programme, he now has 2 of them, only used when the main one is away for repair.

2. adam
    Gates Horns

Replacements

"Microsoft has always insisted its totals don't include replacement machines sent out after Red Ring of Death console malfunctions."

No matter how many times you say it Microsoft I doubt anyone will believe you.

3. Scott

Still on 1st one here

Get a few game disc read problems though.

4. Mark

re: Replacements

Wether they do or they don't. The fact remains there are potentially millions of users that were not aware that once their 360 failed outside the warranty (or failed before the RROD warranty extension was introduced), there was a repair option open to them, so they chucked it away and bought a new one, or Wii/PS3 instead.

Who wants to bet the number of ACTIVE consoles still working, is closer to 25m (very close to PS3 sales count of ~24m).

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Trigger's broom

A friend of mine has had so many parts replaced on his xbox360 ...

he even had his special cable ties/clips (that he bought separately) nicked when sending the console for repair (I think that occurred on the 4th repair, but don't quote me)

I am not sure it is now the same console :D

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like