back to article Vatican blesses iPope app for Jesus Phone

Those of you who simply can't wait for Benny 16's latest pearls of wisdom on AIDS in Africa and Angels and Demons will be delighted to learn that his Holy Big-Hattedness is now available direct to the Jesus Phone and iPod Touch. Yup, breaking Catholic news comes to you courtesy of the H2Onews app, delivering video, audio and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Ferguson
    Happy

Twitter

And for up to date news from the Vatican on Twitter, just search for the hashtag #popefacts

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Language choices

Not available in Latin?

3. amanfromMars Silver badge

And for those who have a Habit of Loving IT, Long Time ...... ?

Crikey, that would mean that it is only a short time before we can expect a Crack Hack into a Nunnery? Ode to Joy in Deed, indeed. :-)

4. Chris Haynes
    Paris Hilton

Apple rejected my iPhone app...

It was simply a picture of El Pope, and when you shook the device his head bobbed about a bit.

The reason for rejection was something about ridiculing public figures... Surely, El Pope has done enough to ridicule himself? Condoms cause AIDS, etc.

Paris because, well, she would, just for the publicity and the blinged-up Popemobile.

5. Ed Blackshaw Silver badge

@amanfromMars

I'm still trying to work out whether you pass the Turing test...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"create a close sharing network around our Pope"

hasn't that sort of thing got the RC church into trouble in the past?

7. Oninoshiko
    Alien

@ amfm, ed blackshaw

I'm still trying to work out which institiution to put myself in because I could follow that one. I even managed to get the shakespearian pun stuck in there!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Twitter

''And for up to date news from the Vatican on Twitter, just search for the hashtag #popefacts''

It mustn't be working - I searched and it just came up with loads of neo-nazi propaganda :P

9. ian

All Benedict, all the time

So, would that be Papal Bull, then?

10. Francis Boyle Silver badge

re: @amanfromMars

AmanfromMars doesn't pass the Turing test - he blows it away.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Pope 2.0

So how long until the next big Internet fad is "Poperolling"?

...Mine's the one with the flask of holy water in the pocket.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Disgusting

This merely confirms that anti-Catholic bigotry is the only acceptable prejudice left. It's shameful to see derision in what should be an objective statement of facts. The responses indicate the massive ignorance, bigotry, and prejudice that is all warm and accepting when it comes to Islam, the religion of hand chopping, wife beating, suicide bombing, and genocide, but rejecting the religion of Dante, Raphael, Michelangelo, Mendel, and other heroes of Western civilization.

13. Robert Moore
    Flame

Deeply offensive.

Who do I complain to?

Flames for obvious reasons.

14. Ian
    Unhappy

@Disgusting

Would that also be the same religion responsible for enslave Muslims, pagans and other unbelievers... or responsible for inquisitions and the murder of many innocents?

Maybe I'm getting my religious history mixed up here, but I was under the impression that both religions have a vicious, blood-stained past.

15. Pete
    Dead Vulture

Didnt we agree

not to call it the jesus phone anymore?

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Disgusting

You want a course in religious history? Go read a book. There's lots of good ones.

17. Rhiakath Flanders
    Jobs Horns

Definite proof that Microsoft is in pact with Satan

This app does not stand up to MY proof that Microsoft is evil...

I'd love to meet the guy who configured this....

http://thesource.ofallevil.com

Try it.....

Never has an icon been so adequate...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like