back to article QLogic gets IBM design wins

IBM has announced that it is to use QLogic adapters to provide Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) storage networking. QLogic has revealed that tier 1 server vendor IBM will use its 8100 Converged Network Adapter (CNA) products to provide FCoE connectivity on all of its rack and tower series servers. These include Xeon 5500 “ …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nate Amsden

300 percent growth

I hope so, it's not hard to grow from zero. I was at a Brocade conference last week here and I at least thought it was interesting that both Brocade+Cisco see FCoE as being mostly a storage play, not being a fan of Cisco I don't pay too much attention to their stuff, but I kind of expected Brocade to phase out their enterprise SAN switches and provide FCoE blades for their RLX Foundry switches, but in fact the systems that will get the FCoE blades are the SAN switches, not the network switches. Given the strength of the ethernet lineup from Foundry that kind of surprised me.

I suppose at some point real convergence will happen in that you won't need separate fabrics for each technology, but Brocade doesn't see that happening at least not in the next 5 years, and indicated that Cisco's is less visionary then their own.

This topic is closed for new posts.