back to article Android and WebOS join iPhone on AT&T

AT&T's handset plans for 2009 have been laid bare through a set of leaked slides revealed by Engadget, and include an Android slider as well as a second-generation Palm device. The Android handset is from HTC, but doesn't appear on the previously-leaked line up. Branded the HTC Lancaster, it's aimed at social networking and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Nice

Good to see some quality devices coming to Android now.

2. TeeCee Gold badge

iPhone exclusivity?

I dunno. Probably something to do with knowing damned well that someone'll ship 50 iPhones for every one of these things they manage to push and they'd rather it was them.

Love it, hate it or ignore it, it's still the one the unwashed masses want and I don't think any of these offerings is going to change that. This would require something to show up with a "killer" feature (not in that lot, unless you're an OS fixated fanboi) *and* for either Apple to drop a right bollock with their next version or pigs to fly.

3. Nexox Enigma

Seriously?

240x320? I'm all for Android phones, but that sort of screen is just so barely useable. Then again, it /is/ apparently aimed at the social networking 'crowd.'

4. David H Dennis
    Black Helicopters

Palm/AT&T

The Palm product looks like the old-style Palm phone, not the Pre, and the $350 retail price seems almost double what it should be to compete. If that's how Palm's doing, the iPhone can pretty much laugh this one off.

D

5. David Alderman
    Unhappy

Poor resolution

The resolution of both units is disappointing. I was waiting for AT&T to concede and carry an Android device. Now I am considering changing providers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like