back to article Neighbours from hell will be sent to boot camp

Outcast British families are to be thrown into "sin bins" till they learn how to behave in the community, according to the government. Fifty-three Family Intervention Projects around the country will provide intensive social care for around 1,500 families a year. Some of them will be removed from their communities and housed in …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

She turned me into a newt

"Some of them will be removed from their communities and housed in intensive units for round-the-clock-supervision under the government's Respect agenda" - this sounds even more horrible than it is, which is horrible indeed. Once upon a time eccentric old ladies who lived with cats were bumped off by the Witchfinder General, no doubt to much rejoicing by the ordinary townsfolk and landowners etc. If the Marquis of Bath was a poor person he would no doubt be bundled off to one of these Respect camps; I bet the rich aren't going to be carted off by these self-appointed community compliance officers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

another way to live free

So, now if you are un-social you will goto a boot camp to learn how to interact with others in a responsible way. It appears that as long as you dont work, are a bad neighbor or anything else that the government does not like you will be rewarded with a free holiday, accommodation etc.

What happened to the idea of working to get what you deserve, rather than just not fitting in. It strikes me that as long as you have no social graces or consideration to others you will get a reward (even more so if you don't work) and if you are ever sent to prison for doing wrong you will be given an extra hard time.... only allowed a PS2 and a few TV stations rather than a PS3 and every station under the sun.

I guess this is another human rights type thing.

People should get a life and learn how to interact, not just be a pain to everyone else and get everything free

3. Deliberatus

Mig Mommy opens reeducation camps for socially challenged

Remarkable. Please notice that this is an involuntary reeducation camp, and you don't get out until you think right.

Big mommy is watching.

-Deliberatus

4. Jason

Hmmmmm...

"People should get a life and learn how to interact, not just be a pain to everyone else and get everything free"

Or maybe the government shouldn't be so soft?

It's because the government's so soft and nicey nicey that they give so much away for free, and people will take advantage of it. I'm sure a lot of people know people who have been on the dole (sorry, jobseekers allowance) for years, I do. How about the government just cuts the dole of after so long, so people can learn the hard way. That's how I was brought up, learning the hard way. Last time I was sacked, I got a new job in 2 weeks!

"Blair, meanwhile, was promising to get tough on gangs."

That'll be a sight, Tony and his boys squaring up to some yobs, telling them to calm down, or he'll knock their lights out.

5. Paul

"re-education camp" ???

More Big Brother Blair?

6. Chris

Either 1984 or posted 10 days too late

Being a citizen of (and living in) the United States, I can see firsthand how much my own country has gone down the crapper in the past couple decades. Even more so since Bush took office and decided to try to take over the world (is he confusing himself with The Brain [or, more likely, Bubba Bo Bob Brain]?). It's amazing what he's getting away with in the name of "terrorism" (and though I single him out by name, I know that he is but one of many).

But having finished the amazing book 1984, it certainly does seem that the U.K. is actively using it as a manual for how things should be, as opposed to a work of fiction. ASBO, "Respect agenda", "reeducation". This is classic 1984.

I just feel bad for the U.S. and U.K. citizens (as well as the rest of the world). Imagine what will happen when both the U.S. and U.K. government realize that they both want the same thing -- to take over the world.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A Police State

And while we're at it, why not include blacks, gays, troublesome religious minorities, the far left, the far right, and the Politically Incorrect? We could have neighbourhood committees to decide who gets sent for "re-education".

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OK, I've looked very carefully at this article....

...but I cannot for the life of me see the IT angle.

Leave this sort of story to the Daily Mail - they'd love it.

9. Rob

Got the T-Shirt thanks...

"I just feel bad for the U.S. and U.K. citizens (as well as the rest of the world). Imagine what will happen when both the U.S. and U.K. government realize that they both want the same thing -- to take over the world."

Been there, done that. Was far too much grief, so we gave up the Empire, just like the Dutch before us, they knew it was too much grief as well. We're just waiting for the US gov too realise it too, if they ever do.

We could do with lining the US and UK gov up against a wall in Iraq and just leaving them there, human nature will do the rest.

10. Stevie Nichts

I wonder about you Brits

So, does the Big Brother Squad just haul you off in the middle of the night? Who decides who gets taken away -- the neighbor you pissed off? And who decides when you're right-thinking enought to be let out?

And why isn't there some -- what's the word -- outrage?

Here, perhaps this will spark some: How about those Muslim "youth" who show such antisocial tendences as rioting, torching cars and houses, and injuring and killing infidels? If anyone's a candidate for these "Family Intervention Projects" it's them. Of course that would require, you know, stones. And the desire to face up to the fact that they're going to take over your country within a couple of generations.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like