back to article Real time location systems are the new buzz in RFID

A new acronym is being banded around the RFID world - that of RTLS. What is a real time location system (RTLS)? The simplest definition I have come across is that it is a system of finding the position of assets using active RFID tags. The tags broadcast a signal, which is received by three reader antennas. The time each signal …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. amanfromMars Silver badge

Gathering Speed for Energy?

Wow... Sounds like the UltiMate PlayMate Locator.... or is that 42BSoftware Custom Ordered and Supplied? Discretion Guaranteed.

Whatever .... it is still a Major New Player with a Hook into ITs parlous Parlour Games.

The House has many Mansions though with Rooms that Please ...thus Games A'Plenty for All.

2. Richard Cross

125Khz - very old

"The choke point feature is a unique capability currently. All the AeroScout tags are dual in that they have a built-in passive tag exciter which works at 125 KHz."

Doesn't sound very unique to me - HID Corporation have been selling 125Khz personnel access cards for about, ooh, 25 years I reckon. It's about as bog standard a badge reader can be.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like