back to article Green GT rolls out sexy e-supercar

Hot on the heels of its recent leccy racing car announcement, Swiss car maker Green GT has unveiled designs for its next-generation Le Mans Prototype (LMP) racer that could also, potentially, become a road car. green_gt_LMPE2011_04 Green GT's LMPE2011: sexy and leccy Designed by a team of students from the International …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob
    Go

Nice

It's car with airbrakes, who cares about the rest of the details

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Dull...

Heaven's! It's bad enough having to put up with the dullness of the super-quiet Audi diesels at Le Mans without this threatening to turn up...

Motorsport will not be the same without howling V8s, screaming V12s etc... :(

Long live the Le Mans Classic!

3. Andy Enderby

hehehe

the guys that designed this beast have clearly not read the ACO rule book that defines what a LMP 1 or LMP 2 car is. If they get an entry, and present that thing for scrutineering in June 2011, an early bath will follow........ approximately as soon as the scrutes clap eyes on it. Where shall I start ? Moving aerodynamic devices (air brakes), bodywork not covering the cars mechanical components and I suspect their wee mockup probably only has a single central seat under that bublle.

More likely that it is merely an attempt to grab some publicity before serving up something rather more conventional.

4. Secretgeek

I want one.

I want one.

I want one.

I want one NOW!

Although I suspect I'll only be able to afford the Corgi version. :-(

5. this

batteries

24hrs?

6. myxiplx
    Thumb Up

LeMans??

Who gives a shit about LeMans. Want one. Now!

7. amanfromMars Silver badge

The Hot Seat. EBGum Lad, Laden and Loded and Almed for Immediate Point of Presence Prescience.

It would make for an Interesting Company Car, for the Driver may be a Prime Technology Mover/BetaTest Pilot.

Who Pilots a Supercar near by you? And what do they do with their Leisure for Wealth is an IMPertinent Question Best Prudently Answered to Identify the Follies and Thinkers/Wasters and Diamond Geysers.

Does Bugatti Sponsor a Veyron and Enigmatic Customer Driver because of a Mutually Beneficial Semantic Singularity of Greater Purpose? Let the Car Deliver ITs Real Potential with a Virtualising Presence/AI BetaTest Pilot/Alien Program.

And that question to Audi/VW/Porsche...... The Finest of People Bank

8. John Robson Silver badge

Even a half decent performance at LeMans

Would shut up those people who claim batteries are no good.

Definitely the right contest!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Amanfrommars is getting old

He should be put out to pasture.

10. spam

lol

Lecy tech 24 hour racing - lol.

The thing might manage 6 laps on a battery charge, if it is competitive speed wise it will need to make a pit stop for battery replacement every 20 minutes.

11. Tom

Batteries not needed

So long as there's somewhere to plug in an extension cable inside the Le Mans circuit, the car can just drive around it without ever coming unplugged.

12. amanfromMars Silver badge

Wild Rover Rogue Cavalry to Renegade Rescue R&R with Enlightened Informative Renaissance?

"He should be put out to pasture." ....By Anonymous Coward Posted Monday 18th May 2009 13:24 GMT .... onto Lush Verdant Green Turf or into Juicy Steaming Jungle and Deep Dense Forest wwhich would be Much More Imaginative and also ESPecially Superficially Rewarding. ..... which is a Quite Divine Sublime AIdDriver in ITself....... and a Remarkably Sensible Sensitive Transceiver Responder.

Do not Dismiss and Misunderestimate the Natural Advantage of Age which has seen Imagination Flourish and Realise ITs Goals and AIMissions, from a Much Earlier Age than Youth with Inherent Skills in RAW Rare Base IQ Transfer Function and Facility. ....... Ye Ole Colonial MkUltra NeoConservative Control Levers which have been Coded for Virtual AIMachinery Prime Cut Use.

13. Ian Michael Gumby
    Joke

There's a small device that they can add real cheap!

For those of you who are red necks or live in deer country... There's this little device that you attach to the front of your car. As you drive, the air flow causes a small shrill whistle to blow. I guess you could change it up a bit and end up with something you could call a screaming banshee.

14. greg
    Thumb Up

sex

enough said

15. Robert Hill
    Stop

"School of Design..." 'nuff said

OK, it looks hot, but there is NO WAY any driver would want to compete in this - it was crafted by a school of design, not a school of engineering. SURE it looks good (did I say that already?!?), but it probably not had a whole lot of thought about crash resistance, rules, or even basic aerodynamic performance at 150+ mph.

But intersting marketing ploy - try to link it to Le Mans to generate some heat, then sell flacidly driving production cars (or even "prototypes") to people with too much money and too little sense...

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So, is anyone planning to lay power tracks at LeMans?

Anyone else envisioning a huge (life size) version of Scalextric? Just me then? Ok.

17. Fuzz

Is it powered by rails in the track?

You know like a scalextric car, that seems like a logical way of powering it for 24 hours.

18. Eddy Ito
    Unhappy

e-super?

LMP, how is that pronounced, limp? So this would be the Limp e-2011 then. Sorry, e-cars will be more than toys when they are actually useful for something more than a gee-whiz demo. Yeah, LeMans, that's a useful comparison for those of us who drive for a day straight as fast as possible. How about 20 minutes at 80 mph, 40 minutes of stop-n-go followed by 8-12 hours of sitting, repeat twice each day for a week, recharge. I'll make it easy, recharge every two cycles. What, nobody would watch? Too boring? Welcome to reality, that would be First Life for you residents of Sadville.

Oh, don't get me started on the silly, and soon to be broken, h-air-brained brake flapperons. What, regenerative braking not allowed?

Now about that "Simply Pants" icon.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Pantographs?

Could this be an alternative to the extension lead and slot-car ideas? Effectively the cars would be high speed racing trolleybusses.

This topic is closed for new posts.