back to article Hacktivists attack UN.org

The United Nations website came under attack by hacktivists over the weekend. Unidentified peace activists turned hackers replaced speeches by secretary-general Ban Ki-Moon with pacifist messages. The attack on UN.org was more subtle than a straightforward front page defacement. Hackers reportedly used a SQL injection …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dave Pearce

Accuracy...

The Beeb (who admittedly posted it first) can't seem to get their facts straight: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6943385.stm

While they quote the defaced text specifically they still seem to think the message is "accusing the US and Israel of killing children"... So reassuring to know the BBC check their facts so thoroughly... even more reassuring to know that I don't fund towards this crap by buying a TV license!

2. Dillon Pyron

SQL injection?

That's one of the first things I demonstrate! It's incredibly easy and the skiddie tools make it even easier. If you've got the cash and can set up a convincing "company", you can buy some really good ones from **********.

If they haven't patched that one, there are tons of others that are still open. Some people think that just because their server is branded as "secure" that they don't have to worry about the underlying applications. Fools, suckers, sheep, 0wn3d. All apply.

3. Chris Collins

Busy little bees

Our Turkish friends have been busy little bees - they can't really be called activists though. Just tards who have discovered a new toy.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Accuracy indeed

"Hey Ysrail and Usa dont kill children and other people Peace for ever No war."

Now, to me, that looks a lot like "accusing the US and Israel of killing children" Sure, a truly tedious pedant could argue that one is a warning about future behaviour and the other is a comment on the present behaviour of the Israelis and Yanks...

but it would only be an acceptable critique of this communique if it was done - in grammatically perfect Turkish - by a Brit. Mr Pearce, over to you...

This topic is closed for new posts.