back to article Mickey Rourke to star in Mona Lisa rehash

Evidently not satisfied with taking a hatchet to Get Carter and The Long Good Friday, Hollywood has now decided Neil Jordan's 1986 gangster film Mona Lisa would benefit from a rehash starring Mickey Rourke. According to Variety, Handmade Films is the guilty party producing the reinvention, which will see Rourke playing "an ex- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. ben
    IT Angle

has the reg become a film site

i don;t get the tech edge.

will it be 'puter animated?

2. Tony

Just. Plain. No.

That is all.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Shand approach

Someone should have those responsible suspended upside down in a meat-locker.

4. Martin Lyne
    Pirate

If someone thinks of something new..

..just keep your mouth closed and watch the remake of Evil Dead starring Miley Cyrus and some Disney characters.

Giant corporations with little competition resort to dulling their customers to an early grave with watery remakes and tired clichés.

They won't stop because we, in a desperate bid to entertain ourselves, will go see these films, which we cannot then claim a refund for, giving the company a false sense of achievement. User feedback is ignored. It is better to make one product viewed by millions of people than make several viewed by hundred of thousands.

Anyone who's enjoyed Firefly will understand. Even the film of that was watered down. Or seen "The Day the Earth stood still". Or was waiting for the moment the black comedy of 'Euthanasia Day' would kick in during "Death Race".

It reminds me of the dying empire in Asimov's Foundation series. Too sure of itself and formulaic that it shunned innovation and change in favour of successively degenerative iterations.

I've never seen Mona Lisa though, it's just a rant as I'm sure you could tell.

5. ffrankmccaffery

Great

Whats wrong with the original? I only recently re-watched this film and nothing that was aged. And how come larry clark still has a career? After kids he should have been put on the sex register and warned not to to go anywhere near a school.

6. twelvebore
    Happy

Excellent

I look forward to this appearing at a P2P site near me.

Really, they wonder why people don't value their "intellectual property"?!

7. Doug Glass
    Go

Musta Wanted ...

... the ugliest no talent has been they could scare up. Obviously somebody needs a tax write-off.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

No!

Like so many classic films (thinking The Italian Job mainly which I have refused to watch) there is no need of a remake of Mona Lisa. The performances put in by Bob Hoskins, Cathy Tyson, Michael Caine and Robbie Coltrane won't be surpassed, neither will the feel of the film, particularly when Hoskins is in Soho and Kings Cross. Why can't they leave great films alone?

9. Mr Larrington
    Thumb Down

Kill them

Kill them with FIRE

10. Alan
    IT Angle

Not Hollywood

Handmade films are not Hollywood. It's a production company set up by George Harrison to produce The Life Of Brian.

They're based in London, and most productions are UK based...

11. weirdcult
    Stop

you're a lady

i don't want to know nuffink about tea!

that is all.

This topic is closed for new posts.