back to article Snow Leopard, Jobs to miss Apple geekfest

Apple's new version of Mac OS X - 10.5.7, released on Wednesday - may have a longer life than previously thought. Cupertino has also announced that the next version, Snow Leopard, won't debut at the company's upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) as many observers had hoped. Instead, Apple will distribute to the June …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Bye Bye Big Jobbie

He is not coming back - would you with his dress sense?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Should be interesting

Though I think the Key Note will be just blah because Schiller just doesn't have the presence that Jobs does, as was obvious at Mac World. However I think there are going to be some very interesting developments to come out of all this. I'm disappointed by Snow Leopard not being released at WWDC but hell a final developers preview is at least something. Hopefully it signals an August release schedule.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Halo

Jobs not needed

I love Steve Jobs; a great businessman. Whether you love Apple or not, look at what he has done. Apple were on the brink of bankruptcy. he takes over, 12 years on, in the midst of a recession, they are stronger than ever.

OK, 12 years on, and where are Apple now? Well let's take a look...

Jonathan Ive; Best industrial designer, bar none.

Scott Forstall; Created the iPhone SDK.

Bertrand Serlet; Snow Leopard around the corner...

Steve got Apple back from the brink. Time for him to kick back, recover, and let the people he has hired take control. Things are looking great for Apple, even in these troubling times in business.

Get well soon Steve, and relax! You've hired the best people, now let them take control!

4. Dark_rain
    Flame

@By Anonymous Coward Posted Wednesday 13th May 2009 21:00 GMT

Yes but if you multiply Planck's constant (6.63E-34) by 2 it's still a very fucking small number. This is also a good analogy for Apple's products. Were shit. Are Shit, just very slightly less so.

Flames cos you know when they come for you.

5. Elrond Hubbard
    Paris Hilton

Bah..

As much as Steve Jobs and his ilk annoy the piss out of me, I am smitten with my Macbook Pro- great for music production, DJing and other stuff that I can't use my Linux boxes for.

I'm ashamed to say that I am actually looking forward to the new LOLcat, as my newest Mac has two GPUIs- I'd like to see it taught some fun CUDA tricks.

Yes, I think the pricing structure for MacOSX stinks (I am an old freenix bigot), but I am now mentally prepared to pay for a new kitty. Hell, I am mentally prepared for Win7 on my gaming rig- though that will probably be a great deal more expensive and stressful.

Damnit, I came to make snide remarks, I fail. Sorry, chaps and chapesses.

6. jai

interesting

this is interesting, because there's been some theories that there are elements of Snow Leopard that haven't been in the beta releases so far

could be that this Final Dev Preview will contain these and they'll use the WWDC keynote as a way of showing them off

7. StooMonster
    Jobs Halo

Pixar too

Jobs also took Pixar from being a failing division ot Lucasfilm into an award winning powerhouse.

I reckon Snow Leopard retail will be January 2010.

8. Ascylto

@ Dark_rain

Get back under the bridge, troll.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

RIP Steve

and your dull uninspiring company.

10. Rob Welsh
    Stop

@AC 09:03

"RIP Steve" - childish.

"and your dull uninspiring company." - eh? explain please or fuck off back to your bridge!

11. Lucas Arruda
    Gates Horns

Think Different

Differently from MS, Apple wouldn`t launch a OS in it`s date if it`s not really ready. They prefer to have something really stable or better. Not always they get it right, which was Leopard`s case, but I bet my money on Snow Leopard.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like