back to article Natalie Portman: Attack of the Film Fans

Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen have been voted "the movie couple with the most unconvincing on-screen chemistry" for failing to spark in Attack of the Clones. The poll of 3,000 film buffs, carrried out by cinema ad outfit Pearl & Dean, also honoured Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez for Gigli with second place, while the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Entrapment

Although Connery can still walk unaided, surely he is still within (the lower end of) her target age range?

Perfectly believable :P

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Eyes Wide Shut

The inclusion of Eyes Wide Shut is particularly significant because Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman were actually married at the time. I guess signs of a divorce were already showing! I haven't seen it, mind you.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hilarous

8 - Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman - Eyes Wide Shut

if they had seen this at the time they defiantly wouldn't of been bothering Relate before divorce proceedings.

4. DZ-Jay

Only first?

I would have imagined that Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen should secured at least the top three slots. I personally thought it was that bad.

-dZ.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bring back the Rotting Dog Blog

This story would be ideal for the Portman obsessed individual :-)

Just bring it back anyway. It was very funny.

6. Colin Jackson

Er...

Personally I found her love-interest more believable in Leon. But maybe we shouldn't go there.

7. Matt

Leon

Leon, now that was an epic film. Interesting, exciting and challenging. Now days the director would probably get stonned to death for encouraging pedophillia.

And yes bring back the rotting dog.

8. Ralph B

Hot Grits

Well, they should have poured hot grits down Hayden Christensen's pants. Obviously.

9. Ian Ferguson

Brokeback Mountain

I'm surprised by Brokeback Mountain appearing in there - I thought it was perfectly convincing, especially compared to the likes of Titanic. The limits of romance there were along the lines of 'Rose!'...'Jack!'...'Rose!'...'Jack!'...'Rose!'

Pleeeeeeeease bring back Rotting Dog, it was highly entertaining. Especially when people thought it was real.

10. Lloyd

Let's break it down

1. Hayden Christensen = can't act

2. Ben Affleck = can't act and Jennifer Lopez = can't act

3. Orlando Bloom = can't act

4. Madonna = can't act

5. Catherine Zeta Jones = can't act and Sean Connery = can act but only 1 character in different forms.

6. Hugh Grant = bloody irritating and Andie MacDowell = can't act

7. Ben Affleck = can't act

8. Tom Cruise = can't act

11. Cameron Colley

Eyes Wide Shut

I'm a little confused about this one -- as I thought the whole point of the film was that the chemistry had gone out of their relationship. Does this mean they put on a good performance -- or should they be worried they didn't get first place?

12. Daniel

@ Lloyd

I would say all of them are doing something right (at least once), apart from modonna that is. Anyway its about the onscreen chemistry, not about if they can act or not, but anyway

Jennifer Lopez in "Out of Sight" - Good film and lots of chemistry

Tom Cruise in "Top Gun" - Damn this is one hell of a classic!!

Andie MacDowell in "Groundhog Day" - Yet another classic.

Natalie Portman in "V for Vendetta" - I was very suprised by this film, I was expecting it to be a bad action flick (Aeon Flux), turned out to be very well thought out film.

Neve Campbell+Denise Richards in "Wild Things" - (Just throwing this in here) Even though most people think of the scenes with them two making out, the film in total was the best thing I have ever seen.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: Eyes Wide Shut

The inclusion of "Eyes Wide Shut" is notable for the fact that the actors were married at the time, sure, but it's also a special case because their (perhaps real-life) lack of chemistry was a crucial part of the film's premise.

14. SonOfAGhost

Of course Cruise sucked

He can't act and had no real interest in the lead opposite. Perhaps if he'd been in Brokeback instead.

15. Danny Thompson

Can we all please stop .....

.... talking about Brokeback! You're all Gay :-)

I have tried to like Nat Port in all of her films - Leon excepted - her acting ability sucks. But then Leon had tons of stuff going for it anyway, a classic that [I agree] couldn't be made today.

Next up - Eyes Wide Shut - excellent movie, even if the original Mr Wooden himself played a lead role.

I just guess it goes to show that a good script or yarn can actually carry a movie no matter how carp their actors are.

16. john mann

@Ian Ferguson

I think the plot of Titanic was summarised as:

"Rose!", "Jack!", "Rose!", "Jack!", " Glug!", "Jack?"

17. andy

re: Can we all please stop .....

Danny, are we making you think twice about your own sexuality..? ;)

18. Spike Ravenscroft

Orlando Bloom

I cant say i'm surprised about that one.

I think anyone would have a hard time getting into a frame of mind that included being romantic with Mr Bloom.

Good acting generally takes more than 3 facial expressions and lots of hot air...but bless, i don't think anyone has had the heart to point that out to him yet..

19. Danny Thompson

Can we al please stop ......

Andy - Actually, I think it is Ms Portman who is doing that :) Maybe now these results are out instead of acting (!?) she'll take up singing, or perhaps even knitting.

This topic is closed for new posts.