back to article God appears in eggplant slice

It looks like American religious artifacts are becoming big business on eBay. Not to be outdone by Deb Serio, a Virginia high school teacher who recently nabbed over $1500 for a garage floor stain she said looked like Jesus, Pennsylvania's Felicia Teske is offering eBay buyers an eggplant slice that may bear the word "God." …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Mike Iwan Phillips

holyeggplant5

I notice their ebay ID is holyeggplant5, I assume that means that they are not the first to be blessed by God in this way.

2. James

But ...

Are the Teskes Lutherans?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Eggplant?

Oh, you mean Aubergine.

4. adnim

Mmmmmm,

just like god itself, the lettering in this slice looks man made. Will there now be a flood of god/jesus shaped things available on ebay?

I have said previously the unscrupulous will pray on the gullibility of the religious.

Note:Before someone mentions the lack of capitalisation. It is intended and not a spelling mistake.

5. Cameron

The Downward Spiral

When people buy this stuff, it is certainly a hallmark of how absolutely stupid most of humanity is... or just how clever the other group is when they sell fake crap online to religious nuts for big bucks.

I for one, intend to exploit these morons to my full potential. For I will inscribe random bible quotes in toast, and be rich.

6. Erik Aamot

re: mmmmm, admin

ok on the intended, though inconsistant lack of capitalisation ...

... however ...

did you mean "pray" or "prey" ?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Erik

Presumably, you mean inconsistent?

:P

8. Ole Juul

Unscrupulous seeking gullible

I too have an inconsistent lack of capitalisation.

9. Richard

Oil

Looks like a case of oil + finger to me. Aubergines go like that.

*Smacks head at not thinking of this myself*

10. Matt Bucknall

God... gid...

Looks like gif to me. Oh praise to the great LZW patents in the sky!

11. 4.1.3_U1

@Finnbar

Shouldn't it be incontinent?

:(-~

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Batman's nemesis?

Holy Eggplant, Batman, it's Aubergine Girl!

13. Dave

surely, completely genuine?

except the word looks like 'Gef' to me

14. A J Stiles

Here's one I always wonder about

OK, here's one I always wonder about with all these religious sightings in strange places.

How come when anybody sees a vision of the Virgin Mary, they're always Roman Catholic? And how come when anybody sees a verse from the Qur'an, they're always Muslim? Why is it only Hindus who discover statues of cows that drink real milk?

Now, a Jew seeing a Qur'an verse, the Virgin Mary appearing to a staunch Protestant, or a Muslim seeing the face of Jesus ..... *that* would be something like news. Wake me when it happens.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Magic

It's been put there by an auber-genie.

16. Nano nano

Differentiation

Eggplants are aubergines that produce small whitish egg-shaped fruits.

Aubergines are egglants that produce large aubergine-coloured fruits.

Hope that's clear now.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

If there was an Italian pope it would only be recognized as a miracle if made into eggplant parmisian using Parmigiano Reggiano.

18. Olly Molyneux

surely

Surely if there is one slice with 'GOD' on it then there'll be loads of slices with 'GOD' on them, granted, in ever decreasing sizes. If she hasnt already put them in the moussaka already she could make a fortune.

19. Matthew Sinclair

O_o

What a load of....eggplant?

Who buys this junk!?

Geeze...maybe i should grab random things from the house and say these where blessed by god or something!

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@adnim

Intentional it may be, but that doesn't make it any incorrect.

I don't believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy, but I still write them as per the rules of English.

21. Tony

Maybe it's a captcha

and this one really, really counts.

22. Dave

I wonder if she is religious

If so, I think it's hysterical that the first thing this person thinks of is money. Talk about complete hypocrisy.

I wish I thought of this. Oh wait...the crumbs from my sandwich, they (shuffle shuffle) spell out 'Jesus'! Jesus wants me to sell them on eBay!

The greatest thing is that some complete moron will buy this, and declare it proof of a god. What a joke.

23. Silas Humphreys

Who buys this stuff?

Golden Palace, of course! They bought the Jesus toastie, among other things, not to mention their renting a young Scottish lass's ample charms...

If it's on ebay and it's daft, Golden Palace will give you money for it.

24. adnim

Rules of English?

@ Mr/Ms Anonymous: *shrugs* It is a choice, and an indication of my contempt that I spell such words without capitalisation. I stick the stamps on my snail mail envelopes upside down too. Btw tooth fairy is not capitalised in the majority of on-line dictionaries.

@Erik I meant prey, as I am sure you understood. My mistake though. A mistake which will keep me awake all night with wurry ;)

25. Tawakalna

Americans..

Don't you just love them? From now on I will devote my life to fabricating, sorry - *discovering* (yes that's it) divinely-inspired fruit and vegetables and household bric-a-brac that I can provide to our less-discriminating transatlantic cousins at a fair market price for their edification and the validation of their devout (if sometimes rather unseemly) faith. For this I shall have my piety rewarded by the transfer to my various Paypal accounts of significant quantities of electronic dollars, which when converted into a sensible medium of exchange (Sterling) shall prove once again that industriousness is next to godliness, at least for people who put "In God We Trust" on their currency.

I have a tea stain on my desk that looks just like the Holy Spirit in Piero della Francesca's "Baptism of Christ" and our local Cathedral is where baby Jesus lived (I'm going to Hell, aren't I?)

26. A. Merkin

Eggplant Alphabet

Based on the tri-lobed symetry of the eggplant anatomy, here are some other words we could expect to find:

GOD, DUP, DUD, ODD, PUD, GOO, POO, DOG, PUP, PUG, DUG, DUO, DOC, COD, COG, COO, CUD, CUP and ELVIS.

27. A. Merkin

@Olly Molyneux

"Surely there'll be loads of slices with 'GOD' on them..."

INFIDEL!!! There is ONLY ONE GOD in the Eggplant and Felicia is his prophet!

As M.P. sez, "Follow the Gourd!"

28. pctechxp

GoldenPalace fodder

wish I could come up with something like this to improve my cashflow

29. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@adnim

How old are you adnim; 14, maybe 15 or are you disturbed in some manner? I mean contempt for capital letters must be indicative of some vastly complex, though possibly undiagnosed, condition.

I mean really, what has J or G done to deserve this contempt? Were you abused by one of them as a child? Was the monster under your bed named Geraldine or something. Everyone is most interested in learning about the issues that have so scarred you.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like