back to article Playboy to take on World of Warcraft with Bunny-themed MMORG

Always wondered what Hugh Hefner’s life’s like? You could soon find out, because a Playboy-themed “Massively Casual Online Game” (MCOG) is in development. Although it’s unlikely to displace World of Warcraft, EVE or Ultima, Playboy Manager will see you play a crack talent agent who must manage the career of some of Playboy’s …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Master Baker
    Paris Hilton

Cracking

nuff said.

2. Daniel

Yes, but will there be Leper Gnomes?

Any project like this is doomed without an army of radioactive gnomes.

3. Eddie

How do you...

...register with only one hand?

All the best,

4. Slackness
    Paris Hilton

Errm

I though they had already made and failed at 'pimp my ride'.

Paris 'cos shes a failed ride.

5. Tony Flaherty
    Happy

Grind?

This will bring a whole noew meaning to the looking for group channel :)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Wrong section...

This article appears to be fined in the wrong section... it's in Hardwar.... oh... never mind!

...Mines the grungy looking trenchcoat.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Genius!

"Will there be other features for the 'I read it for the articles' brigade, we wonder?"

Quality line! =)

It's funny because I saw the link to this article because... oh wait @_@

8. Edwin
    Happy

LSL10?

'nuff said

9. Anonymous Coward
    Alert

I'm not interested...

...but I bet my wife would love it. Hmm...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I doubt Blizzard is worried...

They already headed this move by Playboy off by issuing wearable bunny ears as a quest item from this year's online WoW Easter event.

11. Bill Cumming
    Coat

Come on El Reg....

You never told the BEST bit....

If you sign up now you can enter a draw for a lifetimes subscription to the Aforementioned Magazine. :D

And NO i'm not posting the link... 'cause i want to win it.... :P

mine is the grubby MacIntosh with some "reading material" in the pocket....

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What, no "World Of Whorecraft" puns?

although I'll allow that "crack talent agent" is pretty good.

13. Pyros

Midgets, not gnomes.

Beyond that, can we label the skinny runway model waifs as Blood Elves? I'm sure they're all taking something as an appetite suppressant.

Seriously, though... what's the point? I can just aim my browser at some nice smutty site--like, say Playboy.com? I think some people are getting a wee bit *too* jaded...

14. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge
    Unhappy

Hey!

Why wasn't this an NSFW article?

15. jai

epic fail is epic

surely this has fail written all over it, no?

as a game, it's going to fail, because it's going to be everything that a MMORPG should not be. if it'll be playable on the phone or in the office that suggests the gameplay will consist of "go meet agent, perform on casting couch, go do photoshoot, appear on Howard Stern show..." horribly linear step-by-step "quests" with sod-all form of character leveling and gaining exp.

as you correctly point out, the hoards of gaming freaks that are addicted to WoW and Eve etc will find nothing challenging here. this is pretty much going to end up like the Sims with hot birds. In fact, didn't they already do a Playboy Mansion game that was like the Sims in lingerie?

and for the one-handed fap brigade it's just going to be pointless. they'll be too frustrated at having to go through the games hoops to get their reward that they'll just give up and download some hardcore donkey action from the pirate bay instead

that said - it does present an awesome opportunity for plenty of jokes and innuendos by merging gaming and rpg terms with the world of Playboy bunnies

now if you'll excuse me, i'm off for a grind with Miss February before i ding to the next level up

16. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Like the Korean MMORPGs?

Famous for the grind...

Ah so many puns, so little effort. Much like the game I would think.

17. Goat Jam
    Stop

Playboy, The Mansion

Terrible, terrible game.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I'll have the one with the sticky buns

That's her, over there....

19. CItizen Kaned
    Thumb Up

hmmm

@"They already headed this move by Playboy off by issuing wearable bunny ears as a quest item from this year's online WoW Easter event." - i seriously hope you are joking.... totty or orks in bunny ears, its a hard choice for me....

@"Why wasn't this an NSFW article?" - why is it NSFW? a cartoon of a bloke and some woman in a bikini.... are you working in the middle east?

doesnt anyone else think this owuld be a great way of tossing off a few hours of work? pardon the pun. :)

and btw - not all of us want to sit and lose our lives in sadville, i mean WoW. this looks like a bit of fun.

This topic is closed for new posts.