back to article Atlantis set for Monday lift-off

Space Shuttle Atlantis is good to go for its launch next week to the Hubble Space Telescope - the final servicing trip to the orbiting 'scope. According to NASA, preparations for the STS-125 mission, aka "Servicing Mission 4", continue at the Kennedy Space Center's launch pad 39A ahead of the scheduled blast-off on Monday at …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's also worth mentioning

that another shuttle (possibly Endeavour) will be on standby on pad 39B in case a rescue mission is necessary for the Atlantis crew.

This provides a rare photo opportunity - two shuttles on the launch pads at once.

2. jeffrey

It's also worth mentioning

Shame that it;s the last time that will be happening as well. For all the people saying shuttles are rubbish, they don't go very high, can't do very much, cost too much, I personally like them, they are actually quite graceful. If I win the euromillions tonight (unlikely) then I would be tempted to buy one of the old ones and bung it in the national space museum.

3. Ross Fleming
    Go

Worth mentioning, but needs seeing!

Why on earth have you not included a pic like this????

http://gizmodo.com/5052814/historic-photo-shows-atlantis-and-endeavour-together-for-the-last-time

Awesome sight.

4. Test Man
    Thumb Up

Re: Worth mentioning, but needs seeing!

And again, but back in 1990 - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f9/S90-48650.jpg

5. zedee

Is there no end to the cheese?

That crew photo is unbelievably gorgonzola-esque.

I mean - the background, the fixed ecstatic grins, the lip slugs!

6. Secretgeek
    Coat

Regarding the crew photo.

I'm not entirely convinced all this technological hoo-ha to reach Hubble is even necessary, I mean look at that photo, you could reach it with a decent step ladder surely?

Alright, alright, I'm getting it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like