back to article Victoria Principal 'pulled pistol' on maid

Move over Naomi Campbell: Former Dallas star Victoria Principal has demonstrated just how to deal with unsatisfactory domestic staff by allegedly pulling a pistol on her maid. The unfortunate lackey, Maribel Banegas, apparently incurred the wrath of the 59-year-old thespiatrix after taking too long to walk her dog (a "Shih Tzu …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Michael
    Thumb Down

Lawsuit?

Why isn't this a criminal case? Pulling out and levelling a gun is legally the same as firing it...but without the damage.("Production of a weapon is intention of use...")

She should be getting a drumhead trial and five years minimum... more , maybe, because she's in the public eye.. oh .....and confiscate her passport.

2. Dennis

Wish I could do this

There is one idiot at work I would especially like to pull a gun on.

Next time he sneezes all over me and goes. 'Oh Dear Swine Flu'

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

WTF

I've just read the Apple bans Sun newsreader App story and come to this one.

The Americans _really_ need to get a sense of proportion. People use guns to kill people. People don't (often) use tits to kill people (takes too long & they enjoy it too much.)

Even seeing a naked body or three (wasn't it Woody Allen who said "Haven't you seen five people in love before?") isn't as damaging as a single US cop show featuring the bad guys blowing away / getting blown away.

Please USAians remember Shooting people = BAD; Bonking = Good. War = VERY BAD; Seeing naked people = harmless.

I know you are a very young nation but FFS grow up!

4. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

before anyone asks

the IT angle is in Mei-Ling's delayed defecation.

5. Tim

Just curious...

Is your advertising linked to the text in a gmail style nowdays, or is it just coincence that the ad over this story is offering breast enhancement for £750?

Hmm, what a dull lunch hour I'm having

Tim#3

6. Luis Ogando
    Paris Hilton

Er...

Isn't pointing a gun at someone and announcing your intention to kill them a crime automatically punishable with a custodial sentence? If this story is true (we all know how the Americans like to 'elaborate' somewhat) then the former Dallas wash-up needs a spell in the Big House.

She used to be quite fit in her day. If she's kept her looks she'll be VERY popular in some areas of chokey....

Paris, 'cos I'd like to point my (yoghurt) gun at her (fnaar!!).

7. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

IT?

IT?

8. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: IT?

This popular horror novel by Stephen King was made into a successful television mini-series starring Tim Curry. Ooh, what do I win?

Boooooooooooo.

9. TeeCee Gold badge
    Thumb Down

Re: Er...

"She used to be quite fit in her day."

There are pics elsewhere. She's very obviously had more plastic surgery than El Reg's box of Playmobil characters.

'nuff said.

10. Chris Adams

@Sarah

I like how you actually allowed that comment through just so you could mock it.

Also: Lester's been sodding busy today, what have you lot been putting in his coffee? And can I have some?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Sarah

A new whip and leather outfit. I'll be by for fitting you shortly.

12. Elmer Phud

Title?

Dallas Doll Deemed Dissed Due to Delayed Doggie Doo Doo.

or

Paltry Pooch Poo Prior to Pricipal Pulling Pistol

etc.

13. John F***ing Stepp

Just been off

Reading up on the Robin Hood legend.

My goodness.

You people will believe anything.

Over here in the colonies we carry guns knives and bullwhips and pull them at a moments notice.

And we have cameras handy to document the whole debacle.

You have to come armed.

(what with our version of the mods and rockers randomly thrusting umbrellas up your . . .never mind.)

Just saying, I would watch what I believe and consider the source.

Really, few people (besides me) carry handguns over here.

14. Stevie

Bah!

This is clearly a case of protective custody pending internment under the new anti-swine flu legislation that is...oh hang on, we changed governments and don't do that sort of stuff any more.

I still don't believe it. The word of a menial domestic just doen't have the same weight as the lovely, talented Victoria's, especially since she's going to be a space-ranger.

15. Flaco Dude
    Paris Hilton

Cut her some slack...

Cut her some slack, she's obviously not the same since the emotional breakup with SIr Andy Gibb.

At least she isn't playing beer pong!

And if you're MySpace name is "Fat Dude", don't ever say "Shoot me! Shoot me! You guys ain't got the balls!" to some dude with a .40 caliber handgun.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/44344887.html

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Gun laws vary from state to state

I live in AZ, and sometimes carry a gun especially if I am carrying a lot of cash, like when going to buy a used car from a private seller. There is always a loaded Glock 9mm in my 4Runner's glove box.

In Arizona it is aggravated assault to flash a weapon to someone in an intimidating manner, you don't even have to point it at them necessarily. There is a bill in the state legislature to take that law away with the idea that, if you can show someone a gun, it may be enough to diffuse a situation, so making that legal, might reduce violent crimes. I'm not taking sides on that debate, just reporting it.

No idea about other states laws on pointing a gun at someone.

As for people carrying guns, again it varies by state. In Arizona assume 25% of the cars have loaded guns in them. Most people I know are not in law enforcement (i.e. they are software developers) but a lot of them do have concealed carry permits. Also, in Arizona if you carry a gun exposed in a holster, you don't need any type of permit. You only need a permit if you wish to carry concealed. A gun in a glove box or center console of your car as long as it is in a holster is not considered concealed.

Many states have much more restrictive gun laws then Arizona so just because it's ok in one state doesn't mean that's true across the USA. People that have only lived in one state their whole life, may assume gun laws are pretty much the same across states, but they are not.

17. kain preacher

WHat she couldof been charged with

In California she could of been charged with kidnapping, brandishing a weapon, making a death threats, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, intimidation and making terrorist threats. She could do real time for that. 20 years

18. Chris

RE: Lawsuit?

"Pulling out and levelling a gun is legally the same as firing it...but without the damage."

Uh, IANAL, but no, I don't think they are the same. Not on this side of the pond. Pulling out a gun and threatening someone with it is "assault with a deadly weapon", while actually pulling the trigger is "attempted murder."

19. Greg Adams

@Chris

If the person is shot below the waist, it's only malicious wounding, at least in this state.

20. Chris C

Obligatory lawsuit?

"Cue the obligatory lawsuit, with Bangas claiming 'assault, false imprisonment and emotional distress" and demanding "lost wages and unspecified damages'."

As sick as I am of frivolous lawsuits, this one sure does sounds legitimate to me. Threatening to kill someone is a very seriously act (yes, even a criminal act, though due to her celebrity status, it's likely nothing will be done about that). Also, some states require you to pay employees' earned wages immediately if you terminate their employement, so the maid may have had legal reason for demanding payment at that time.

Whatever the employment status, this is just another case of another washed-up celebrity thinking they're god, that the world owes them everything, and that they're above the law. Sadly, a lot of people in law enforcement do nothing but encourage that sentiment.

21. Hud Dunlap
    Flame

Probably didn't happen

The level of proof required in a civil suit is much less than a criminal action. My guess is no gun was involved. Just playing the deep pocket theory. Sympathy for the "poor underclass worker" vs the washed up celeb. With the offer to settle out of court. In other words legal blackmail.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Ah America

Land of the gun nut, home of the stupid.

23. Michael

@chris

assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder are civil actions in the us ? not criminal?

....try to keep up.

24. Dennis
    Boffin

@ Sarah Bee

The television mini series of IT was rubbish. I have just finished the book and then bought the mini series off Ebay and it was rubbish.

Icon: Scientist as IT is really long (1000pages), has some big words and no computers at all

25. Matt Bryant Silver badge
    Happy

Certain lack of class?

Sorry, but our own Streatham Clotheshorse still has the title, as far as I'm concerned. Anyone can pull a gun, but hitting a fast-moving and dodging peon with the first throw of a jewel-encrusted Blackberry? Now, that takes skills!

26. Ascylto

Victoria Principal in chokey?

Please, will someone think of the poor inmates?

27. Trokair
    Stop

@Dave

I'm sure your country is just as stupid as mine. It just so happens that we are entertained by our stupid people so we broadcast their stupidity. In other words, get off your high horse you twit.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like