back to article ElcomSoft poster provokes PGP apoplexy

A row broke out at the Infosec conference on Tuesday after PGP objected to the content of a poster on password recovery firm ElcomSoft's stand, and lodged an objection with conference organisers Reed Exhibitions. The offending poster, which said "the only way to break into PGP" (a reference to ElcomSoft's graphic card assisted …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cor!

Hope it's this exciting when I go tomorrow.

I want a pair of Sophos grundies! What are you giving away, El Reg?

2. Inachu
    Heart

I like visiting these high tech booths!

I also enjoy visiting FOSE where I can try the latest in high tech gear and the latest in flat panel technology.

But I really do love getting demo software the most and getting t-shirts from the booth babes.

If a high tech get together does not have booth babes then the entire function of the event is not worthy to attend.....unless Bill Gates was there or Steve Jobs.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

LOL PWND

Callas really shoots himself in the foot here. Trolled by Elcomsoft into an outburst of righteous, mouth-frothing outrage - they must have did it for teh lulz!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Sophos Pants

Shouldn't that be 'protect' your assets?

Project your assets would surely be on the front of the pants

Paris, for obvious reason

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

So much for that

Note : Ok, I didnt post this in the wrong comments section by mistake after hitting the back button one too many times and losing track of where I was, honest!.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Infosec was a dissapointment this year. Fewer people, fewer exhibitors and fewer freebies, even if you count the baggy white Y-Fronts on the Sophos stand. No, I didnt grab a pair.

Overall there seemed to be little new to see in terms of technology - maybe I missed it - and most of the vendors seemed to be selling the same stuff they were selling last year with a few extra bells and whistles to try and tart it up a bit.

Also noticable was the low number of Booth Babes in evidence. The only ones I spotted were two young ladies in black and red burlesque type outfits who seemed distinctly underwhelmed by the whole thing; Two girls in red shorts and T-Shirts handing out Slushies and trying to persuade sweaty overweight security geeks to take part in a whack-mole type competition; and the bevy ( ok 4, does that count? ) of rather self concious ladies in skintight spandex leggings and cropped T-Shirts holding a half hearted "Picket" outside the event waving signs that said somthing about firewalls. For the life of me I can't remember which companies any of the were promoting.

The highlight was definately the free food and beer at the Portcullis Arms where the waitresses were better looking than any of the "babes" employed by exhibitors in the hall. I doubt they read this but if the tall one with the long black hair happens to see this, you were gorgeous!

Quite whether it is worth the expense of hiring a pub for three days and providing free food and beer is open to debate, but I'm pretty certain it was the only reason a good number of people bothered to turn up at all in these cash strapped times.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@Inachu -unless Bill Gates was there or Steve Jobs

Shirt Please!

7. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

The only way to break into PGP?

Me an' da boys offah a bespoke soivice, whereby we employ our special talents to encourage da mark to cough up da passwoid. You don' need ma card, we knows wheres you lives.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Where is Cluley when we need him?

He'll get the Y-Fronts sorted with a pithy PR blurb... ;-)

Whether those left over will be issued as company wear is another question... ;-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like