back to article Free mobile broadband from Vodafone

Anyone who isn't paying for mobile broadband can have a free shot tomorrow, as Vodafone is giving away access to publicise the launch of the network's new 50 pence tariff. Until tomorrow, punters wanting to dip into the internet on a Vodafone connection would be skinned a quid for the privilege. Now they'll be able to do the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google in Google

I must dissent about considering those searching for 'google' in Google as un-intelligent types. In fact, they're cold-blooded and intelligent miscreants, trying to break the Internet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oCHxB8d20s

2. nigel
    Stop

It's important that people realise this is !WAP APN only!

Offer here

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=template10&pageID=MI_0046

T&Cs here

http://online.vodafone.co.uk/dispatch/Portal/appmanager/vodafone/wrp?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=template12&pageID=PTC_0118

it's important that people realise that this is through the wap APNs only either pp.Vodafone.co.uk PAYG wap.Vodafone.co.uk contract.

3. Rasczak
    Joke

Google Search ?`

May I be the (probably) 20th person to say, but searching for Google on Google breaks the internet doesn't it :-p

4. Andy
    Alert

You can't google google.

It breaks the internet!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

IT Crowd anyone???

"but eighth most popular search on Google is "google", which surely denotes a basic lack of intelligence."

Obviously El Reg missed the epi of IT Crowd where Jen is told "If you type google into google the internet will break!"

Paris she's perfect as Jen in the US version of IT Crowd

6. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Can't wait!

How do I connect my 3UK phone?

7. Chris iverson
    Joke

I just did it on purpose

It didn't seem to break so I dont think that works. Damn the internet lied to me again

8. Cameron Colley

So, Vodaphone are storing all the searches then?

I know they can see where you go by viewing their logs -- but do you have to agree that they can track your internet usage for marketing purposes?

Are Vodaphone using Phorm?

9. Vortigern
    Boffin

Google

Perhaps they search in the little google box that's part of the 'vodafone live' page when trying to get to proper google or their other services?

10. Rob Beard

There was me thinking it covered the dongles too

There was me thinking it covered the dongles. I got myself a Vodafone 3G modem for my laptop a couple of months ago and I've only used it once. HOWEVER I'm glad I went with Vodafone because although it means I pay £15 a gig, it also means that it doesn't expire so when I go on holiday later this month I'll still have just under a gig of allowance left.

Rob

11. James Prior

@Cameron Colley

It's more likely they just asked Google.

Google often publish a list of most searched for items - Vodafone probbaly just said "Whats the msot searched for items from our IP addresses".

12. Steve
    Thumb Up

t-mobile

On t-mobile you get that nasty webandwalk page (tarted up google) which would make me google google to get to the real google, see?

13. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Censorship

Censoring the internet, unless you're prepared to prove your age, is just wrong.

Its a 'value added service' which should be explicity requested.

Who the hell are mobile telcos to decide what communications we are allowed to see?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like