back to article Mole talks up Palm Pré... 2

Everyone knows salt’s bad for you in large amounts, but you’ll need a fair sized dose if you’re to swallow the latest Palm Pré rumour. But it’s Register Hardware’s duty to report that a second Pré smartphone’s supposedly in the works. Yes, we know what you’re thinking: 'But the first one’s not even out yet.' But according to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Robert Grant

No point buying the first one then

Duh?

2. Dave

PR

In other words, don't buy the Pre, wait for the second version.

Which will be released only once they have sold out of the first version...

3. Adrian Jones

@Robert Grant

That was my first thought.

My second was; is this an iMole?

4. D@v3

update <7months

seems more than a little unlikely to me. could be more of a Pré light/mini whatever.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Manufacturer in...

...'has product development pipeline' shock.

And the 'story' consists of a report of a rumour on another website anyway.

Am I surprised ratings were disabled on this article?

6. James

Ha ha ha

They either really stupid or the first one is riddled with bugs.

Whatever, looks like it'll be something to avoid for a while.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

different markets?

possibly palm are aiming at different market segments with each ... seem to already do this with one model aimed more at business users and another smaller/cheaper aimed at consumers.

8. Martin Lyne

This

doesn't encourage me to buy the first one.

I am glad it doesn't have a new wallet-snaffling consultant porking name though.

Roll on the HTC Touch HD 2, I say

9. bombastinator
    Thumb Down

Smells like teen spirit

Sounds like someone is trying to Osbourne 2 palm. It could be enough to kille em if it works. Is palm working on a new model? Of course. Everyone is always working on a new model. Microsoft is already working on the successor of windows 7. Anything scheduled for 2009 though is undoubtedly software.

10. Andy Moore
    Black Helicopters

Already read about this

I have seen more than one article from Palm that they are doing different versions of the Pre at different price points.

Makes sense to me.

There are some articles on Forbes if you do a search for Palm Pre.

Either way it would be nice if they actually started selling them and I can see if I can dump my horrible windows mobile HTC Touch HD, pretty to look at but so slow.

11. Kiminao
    Paris Hilton

Meh

Palm should just fold up shop and give the money back to the shareholders--oh, wait, there's nothing left to fold up, and there are hardly any shareholders any more. Sad, really, but this is a company which has been imploding for a decade.

And I still actually _like_ using my Zire! Can't wait for Palm to go away, though, just can't wait.

Paris, because even she could put out a better handset than Palm...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like