back to article Swine flu spam clogs inboxes

Spammers are trying to flog dodgy pharmaceuticals on the back of the swine flu epidemic. Security firm McAfee reports that the junk mail campaign accounts for one in 50 spam emails currently doing the rounds globally. The spam message deluge, sent through compromised machines, features junk mail messages containing links to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. richard
    IT Angle

madonna?

i suspect she's had worse!

can we please now make this story the last reference to this over-hyped nonsense.

if we need to talk about illnesses i believe there are people still dying of cancer, heart disease, aids, lung cancer etc etc - things which actually effect the good folk of the uk, not some tourists who caught a sniffle after visiting pedro's beach fleapit.

next.

2. Chris Richards
    Alert

Sound advice...

"Web users are advised to ignore all such messages and get their information from recognised news outlets."

As I'm sure what's being peddled in the spam is playing it down compared to the BBC's "OMG we're all going to die" approach. But don't worry, facemasks and a helpline are on their way, for autumn - so you can watch the leaves fall as your friends and colleagues drop.

This pandemic is boring me. It's certainly not what 28 days later lead me to believe happens. Although that said, we have a few weeks left.

Oh crap - I've just coughed!! In case I don't have time to tell anyone this I want my ashes scattering by....\sgdfdh\\dhdnvcxvncbsdfhd

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Well, I'll be.....

It's possible to make spam out of dubious pig by-products? Who knew?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oh no!

I've been eating a lot of bacon sandwiches recently, I also have a runny nose and feel groggy. I thought it was a cold, but the scared reactionary masses are making me think differently.

5. Wize
    Joke

Can you imagine a world with hover bacon

tra-la-la-la-la.

They say that if pig were to fly, the price of bacon would go up.

With pig flu, I bet it goes down.

6. Lionel Baden

thanks simon

i really really really want a bacon sarnie now !!!!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

And the difference would be...?

So somebody's trying to profit by hysteria?

Now remind me--how is this different from the mainstream media again?

8. James

USD19.95 for Madonna to Get Swine Flu

A bargin at twice the price.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Horns

If anyone buys....

medications off some site in China after reading an ad that arrived by e-mail without having asked for it, then they have bigger problems than swine flu...

10. Phil Arundell
    Coat

Don't know about anyone else

But I'm pig sick of all the hype over the 'flu

11. KayKay
    Pirate

They are everywhere........

Looks like it's not only the spammers...... TWO of the THREE Google ads on this article page are Swine Flu related, one of them for the type of natural remedies mentioned in the article.

The same two are again repeated further down the page.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like