back to article Down with secular ringtones

Gold River Productions has launched a Christian Ringtones service, using the annoyance of a ringing phone to spread the word of God, in this world and beyond. Christian rock tunes, as well as hymns, are available, and a Noah's Ark section features a range of animal noises (including dinosaurs: who apparently were on the ark, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jim Cosser

Extra countries

Extra countries? They exist they just require faith to truly see them!

Now to get me some choooons

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Christian ringtones?

... Hallelujah!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Thinking off at a slight tangent...

I think I'll change my ring tone to a few screamed "Alllllllaaaaaaah"'s.

I imagine it would do wonders to clears queues in shops.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

dear God..

Imagine the crazy frog version of 'the lord is my shephard'..

5. Grant Mitchell

Micronations

Perhaps if you include Micronations like Lovely you can make up the numbers?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovely_(micronation)

6. Dillon Pyron

Arms race

And soon we'll hear recitations from the Torah or Koran (or however you want to spell it) or Buddhist chanting. And for the radicals, perhaps "White Power" or "Allah Akbar".

I'll settle for the Woody Woodpecker theme or that cute little ditty from Benny Hill. You know, the one where everybody runs around doing something silly, usually involving attractive women in knickers and suspenders.

7. HonourableTyr

Suicide Phones

Islamic extremists could save a lot if you used Nokia's which screamed 'for Allah' or Allah is great' before the batteries self destructed.

8. LaeMi Qian

Last I heard

the Islam faith's higher-ups had stomped on an attempt at Koran-based ringtones as rather tacky and not with the spirit of the faith (in part because people tend to cut the ring-tone off mid-sentence which is just downright rude to Allah).

9. Ross Atkins

@Dillon Pyron

I have the tune from Benny Hill (it's called Yakety Sax BTW) as my ringtone. I get the strangest looks when I get a call in a public place.

10. Tim Bates

Meh..

Me and some of my family have had various Christian tunes as ringtones over the years. Much easier to do these days, since you can just bung an MP3 or similar on most modern phones using a data cable. But we did make some of the old style beepy ones back in the day.

I can't see them making a fortune off this given the smallish market, but I would think they aren't aiming to do that anyway.

11. Paul

Commen ground

"the Islam faith's higher-ups had stomped on an attempt at Koran-based ring tones as rather tacky and not with the spirit of the faith"

I think we have found some real common ground between most Muslims and Christians :-). It is rather tacky. Drawing attention to your faith with a poly ring tone isn’t exactly dignified is it?

12. jonathan keith

@ Ross Atkins

Are the strange looks because you're being chased by a bevvy of buxom lovelies. Just beware of the cliffs...

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bah

I'll just take the Ezekiel 25-17 bit of a certain CD.

14. eddiewrenn

Annoying

Ouch, mobile ringtons + religion = the two biggest annoyances in the world in one small box!

Need some atheist comeback ringtones: "There is no God. You have a call. There is no God. You have a call."

Or for the more open-minded: "There may be something out there but I'm undecided. Ring. There may be something out there but I'm undecided. Ring."

15. David S

Christian ringtone?

I had a very nice MIDI ringtone of "Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" a few handsets back. Would that be considered a Christian ringtone? I liked it 'cos I'm a fan of Bach rather than anything else. Ultimately, I'm an atheist.

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

JHC

Who gave my number to the Jesus telemarketers? Where do I sign up for the Pope's no call list?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like