back to article Scots to pioneer remote sex via glowing ring

A Scottish company trialling "intimate communication over a distance" is seeking couples interested in drawing lines of light on each other's bodies rather than the more-traditional teledildonics hardware. The technology comes from Forres-based Distance Labs, who are looking for three couples in which one partner is based near …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. joe K
    Paris Hilton

Light?

If this thing takes off,is dogging going to consist of strange men hiding in bushes in local parks, pants down, 'groping' women 200 metres away with a laser pointer?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Niche market...

...in Russian hairdressers...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

huh ?

Wow what a total waste

4. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Had to be

It's Japanese. Those kinky guys get their kicks from just about anything, it seems. Call me when the first orgasm by light pen has happened.

5. Mike Smith
    Coat

Nothing new here

Sex with a glowing ring? How passe (and sore).

6. Anonymous Coward
    Go

confused description?

Perhaps the word "sex" is more than a bit out of place in this description?

The actual technology could very well be succesful as a complementary and supportive technology for entertainment and the maintenance of the "fuzzy feeling" required in good quality intimate relationship. But to use the word "sex"- or to discuss "sex via a glowing ring??? It would have been better to use the word "love". I also believe that the use of the concept of "sex" in this instance is not going to do the product any good. It is very important to be good at managing peoples expectations - misrepresentation will push this kind of technology into obscurity.

I think it would be a shame to sabotage this idea with a badly thought through promotion - as it looks to be possible to create some nice IT related products using this technology.

7. Frank

New Fangled Rubbish

I'll stay with sexting - so much more traditional.

8. James

One Word

Teledildonics

The concept has been around for some time. Look it up - it is a real word , albeit a neologism. It has real potential in this internet remote sex age. Remote interactive sex toys. Woody Allen meets JG Ballard.

9. LaeMi Qian
    Alert

Awaiting the first instance of...

...announcing intention of divorce via Mutsutogo.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Killer Ap

at last a real use for IT. That picture is a bit ambiguous - do you put it over your head, or elsewhere, or insert it somewhere?

11. blackworx
    Flame

@James

RTFA

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Easier way...

Just masturbate into an envelope then post it to her. It's the thought that counts.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Errr...

"to see if drawing lines of light on each other's bodies can replicate some of the ambiance involved in relationships."

Does it have an attachment that throws crockery or one that enables the partners to scream at deafening volumes at each other? How about the bit that storms out of the house slamming the door on the way?

Mines the one with the built in anti-stab vest.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is the voice of the Mysterons...

that is all

15. Toastan Buttar
    Boffin

Quantum entanglement ?

Puts a new slant on "Spooky action at a distance".

16. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Better Idea

Better to have my wife's hot girlfriend come

over and pretend she's my wife.

17. carbonrough
    Alien

Gerry Anderson .....

.... phucksake somebody call Captain Scarlet .... the Mysterons are back !!!!

18. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Complete bollox

Is that photo your idea of recent?

Congratulations El-Reg! Racist and complete bollox in the one article - an all-time low!

19. Stewart Haywood
    Boffin

@Quantum entanglement ?

If you had entangled light pens, you wouldn't need a comms link.

Oh no! my mind has now strayed to entangled dildos and even the possibility

of couples getting their nasty bits entangled so that they can perform spooky bonking at a distance.

20. Matt Cheney

@Had to be

GIven their falling birthrates, the Japanese had better get busy with the real thing rather than playing with light pens.

21. steogede

Re: Easier way...

It's a good thing I didn't have a mouthful of coffee or it would been an end to my laptop.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like