back to article RedFly goes soft

Celio, makers of the extension keyboard and screen for Windows Mobile devices, have gone soft with a desktop version of their hardware, for those really addicted to Windows Mobile. The software, which is in public beta, runs applications on the mobile phone but puts the display onto a desktop PC, as well as ramping up the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Avi
    Thumb Up

Writing and sending SMSs from a proper keyboard?

I've long wondered why it was never possible to send SMSs through the PC via ActiveSync. It seems such a logical extension to the syncing of emails. and the SMS interface is so tied to the Email one that it just looks like they should be treated in the same way.

I know it's because no-one in business uses SMS, but I've spoken to a fair few people who seem to want that feature anyway. Perhaps some people in business do want that feature?

I know that's not really the point of this tech, but I'm struggling to find any other realistic use for it.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Christian Berger

There is a use for it

There is a use for beeing able to remotely log onto your mobile phone to execute applications on it. In developing countries, the first computer most people have will we a mobile phone. Now imagine a small business running some management software in a phone. Eventually they will want to have a bigger screen and keyboard, but they don't want to loose the possibility to have everything on the phone. Just loging into your phone and executing the phone applications on a large screen would be usefull then.

However Windows Mobile has the problem of beeing incompatible to the rest of the world. Therefore there are only few applications availiable for it.

4. Ben

Nothing New

My Mobiler (http://www.mtux.com/) has been doing this for years. It's rarely useful but for the sake of a tiny program with no hassle factor it's good to have installed, and it's free ;)

5. Mike Watt
    Thumb Up

My Mobiler

I was going to sing the virtues of My Mobiler but I see someone's already done it. It's a great little app that's incredibly handy for banging out texts and such on a fullsize keyboard. Highly recommended.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

re@sending SMSs from a proper keyboard

Three years ago, some clever techie at our company rigged our Lotus Notes to send SMSs with the text (and everything else) in the mail title. I tried it once.

7. Barnaby Self
    Thumb Up

Doesnt play well with Touch Flo

Bit of a shame that really, otherwise a neat little app

8. Gabriel F
    IT Angle

Closer

We're getting close to having mobile phones so powerful(imo we already do) that they can replace PC's. This is a step closer to just having to own one electronic device that does it all.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like