back to article Pipex sale 'on the brink of collapse'

Reports over the Easter break said the sale of ISP Pipex was near collapse, with only Carphone Warehouse still interested. Earlier noises from the bidding process, which was being run by bankers UBS, suggested a four-way tussle between Carphone Warehouse, BT, Virgin Media, and Sky could have fetch a strong price for the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Chaos for users

Pipex cause enough chaos for their users as it is. Emails to the user base telling everyone they'll be cut off for overdue payments, random overbilling, no response at all from customer support. Whoever buys Pipex will be inheriting a very broken ISP with a whole bunch of annoyed customers.

2. William Donelson

PIPEX, Bulldog, etc - what a sad, disorganized mess

From my experience with Bulldog and Pipex, I wouldn't touch that obscene mess with a 20 foot, insulated pole !!!

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sad, disorganised mess, indeed...

After a worse than traumatic experience with Bulldog, I've ditched them as fast as possible. You know you're p***ed at a company when you're not even prepared to take free things from them, like extra month(s) free rental. I just didn't even want them to be able to put me on their list of customers. nose/face/cutting scenario looming large on the horizon. Truly awful. A shame considering how well my experience wih them started. Of course my woes only started once Pipex took over. Coincidence maybe...

4. Craig Roberts

Erm...

Maybe I'm just lucky - I went with Pipex as my first ADSL provider about 4-5 years ago...

I've never had any problems with them at all... The only time I've had to deal with customer support was when I re-installed and realised I'd managed to lose my login credentials... And they were spot on (ok - this was 2 years ago, but then I've not had any reason to contact support since)

I'm also wondering if all the amalgamation (there's possibly a sp there - but it's 2am, and I'm on holiday... hic!) of all these networks is a "good thing" - or are we just gonna see more collisions and downtime?

... If anyone from Pipex reads this, yes, I am available for expensive champagne style PR work.... ;-)

Personally, I'm waitin for my mate to go with Be and see what they're like... 24Mb/sec.... Mmmmmmmmmm....

5. Dave

They're good at webhosting.

When Pipex bought Host Europe the reliability of Host Europe's shared webhosting improved dramatically.

6. Ian Santry

NO COMPLAINTS

A couple of years ago, I was vocal about the lack of customer service at what was then Bulldog as it took months to get connected with little feedback about what was going on. Since connection the service has been nothing but fast, reliable and trouble free (although I have given up trying to set up a direct debit from a bank account rather than a credit card). From experience helping friends set upwireless routers I think most providers these days are much of a muchness - pretty patchy service wise.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like