back to article Windows 7 Release Candidate coming 5 May

Redmond suffered yet another butter fingers incident over the weekend when the company let slip that the near-ready version of Windows 7 will be made available on 5 May. The company's partner program website revealed the date for the release candidate of its forthcoming operating system on Saturday. Neowin picked up on the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

near-ready version of Windows 7

Hope it's more "near-ready" than the last release - no native driver support for both my SCSI adapter and my network adapter cards!

XP and even Vista have no problem with either...

Shaping up to be another user unfriendly POS

2. Dan
    Gates Horns

Too little too late

...as I am currently just making a final decision about my Macbook spec. I got some real time with one over the weekend, and finally see what all the fanboys have been raving about. Hell, my techno-phobe missus made her mind up in about 30 seconds when she realised how ridiculously easy everything was. Bye-bye Ballmer.

3. Robinson
    Gates Halo

Anon...

Anon, you've obviously got some old SHITE running inside your PC. I had no trouble with the beta of Windows 7. It isn't Microsoft who write the drivers for the various bits of complete bollocks that comprise your computer system, so don't blame the OS. Buy a Mac then see how many pants SCSI cards you get to choose from in the shop window.

4. Ron

OrangeLover

yeah your techno-phobe missus is also gonna have to buy all her stuff via itunes. If her life has anything in it made by anyone except apple then she'll have problems. Unfortunately I like Oranges and bananas too so Apple is too restrictive.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

RE: Native Support

Windows 7 Support Vista Driver perfectly. but i guess peoples will alway find a reasons to complain.

So here is my complain: @Dan, Mac are not easy to use. they are just a pathetic candy interface on top of free BSD. Mac is know for been the most insecure platform out there. (proved many time). Apple as no concept of securety and as more user get con into buying a grossly overprice mac, it is the subject of more and more attack by hacker.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

SteadyState

This isn't all that related, but I just came across SteadyState. Every now and then MS suprises me. what a useful bit of software! There are some guys that can write decent code after all. Wish I could same the same about Outlook.

I'm still awaiting an operating system with the best bits of *nix, o$$/x, and windollars.

I think I've got a long wait.

Alien, because they have technology like this, but won't share it with us.

7. Stuart Duel
    Jobs Halo

Mac: Secure by design

@ Anonymous Coward

1) Macs running OS X are secure by design, being based on BSD Unix. In spite of a number of proof-of-concept exploits being paraded over the years, there is still nothing out there to infect OS X without user permission (i.e. installing a program of unknown legitimacy). Nothing will protect a computer from a users stupidity. Don't steal software.

2) I switched from Windows to Macs (I run a small business totally Microsoft free) nine years ago when OS X first appeared and have never, ever looked back. Macs running OS X are the easiest and most powerful systems you could hope to run. There is a growing number of switchers around me who will affirm this and not one has been even remotely inclined to switch back.

3) Macs are not overpriced, it's just that Apple don't and won't make underpowered, cheap junk. You get what you pay for. What you pay for is a superbly crafted hardware + software package. You get elegant, aesthetically pleasing hardware and software. You get state of the art manufacturing and technology. What you won't get is crippled Celeron processors, cheap and flimsy plastic cases nor internals which resemble spaghetti.

4) If Windows is so fabulous, why does Microsoft spend its entire life copying everything Apple does? Microsoft's entire existence consists of being an Apple wannabe. Every Windows user out there is really a Mac user, even if they don't realise it. That's because Windows is just a poor copy of the Mac OS - always has been, always will be. Microsoft simply don't have an original bone in their body.

5) The copy is never going to be as good as the original. Stop being an ignorant tosser calling people names and approach computing with an open mind.

6) I have tried Windows 7 (Vista Take 2) which I installed under Parallels Desktop on my MBPro and will install the RC when it's available. Just because I can. Whilst W7 is an improvement over Vista and XP without a shred of doubt, it's still Windows and it still sucks.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Vista II the Revenge

What a load of toss! Yes that's right Vista was really shit, so here you go you fucking mugs now you can buy (again) the OS it should have been the first time round. Ballmer, suck my balls you wanker!!

Paris because like Microsoft she takes the fucking piss by just existing.....

9. Hugh_Pym

@AC - Re: Vista II the Revenge

Just one word - Awesome.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like