back to article IBM and pals to start baking 28nm chips

The march toward faster, more power-efficient microprocessors took another step Thursday when the IBM Technology Alliance announced the joint development of 28 nanometer process technology. Alliance members include IBM, Singapore's Chartered, the recently-spun-off-from-AMD Globalfoundries, Germany's Infineon, Samsung, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

The start of the end

HKs?

Presumably these silicone babies will form the basis of our up and coming Skynet overlord masters...which I, for one, welcome.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

Re: The start of the end

"Presumably these silicone babies will form the basis of our up and coming Skynet overlord masters...which I, for one, welcome."

Presumably you mean 'silicon'

Silicone is the stuff they put in fake tits ...

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Thumb Down

What a load of.....

'The Alliance, however, doesn't use the term "high-k/metal gate".....'

So, what does "HKMG" stand for then?

I'd prefer that we didn't use the term "The Alliance" and instead used "GOPW" (Group Of Pretentious Wankers).

4. David Halko
    Happy

Let's see the results!

Good for IBM! Good for the industry!

I am rather curious how fast newer POWER chips will run with the new architecture... or at least what the throughput will be!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Making Silicone FAR more important...

than silicon.

Paris looks great without Silicone.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Different Time Lines

Intel already has 32 nm in limited production for introduction later this year and are starting to test 22 nm parts. The implication that IBM and partners are ahead is just plain wrong.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like