back to article Las Vegas judge sacked for MySpace page

A North Las Vegas judge has been sacked after telling MySpace readers that his interests include physically beating prosecutors - or words to that effect. In a post to his public MySpace page, The Associated Press reports, substitute judge Jonathan MacArthur laid out his attitude towards prosecutors using a certain graphic …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meanwhile, the $54 million pants judge still has a job

On this precedent, the judge who sued his dry cleaners for a rediculous sum is still at work. But this ought to help as a precendent..

2. Yipi

Em...

... Didn't a judge organise a party in her court room when a man who skipped bail was finally brought back? Isn't it worse?

3. Alan Donaly

I'm sure he didn't mean it

Judges tend to be on the prosecutors team

most of the time only occaisionally will they

kick them really hard for being unprepared.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hot Rats

"People who know me and interact with me socially know I'm constantly trying to say things in a funny, provocative manner."

It's not right to judge a person based on a single sentence. But doesn't this man sound like a zany, ker-a-zee, laugh-a-minute funmaker? The absolute life and soul of any party, spreading smiles wherever he roams?

5. Test Man

Re: Hot Rats

"It's not right to judge a person based on a single sentence. But doesn't this man sound like a zany, ker-a-zee, laugh-a-minute funmaker? The absolute life and soul of any party, spreading smiles wherever he roams?"

No, he actually sounds like an idiot.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re : Re: Hot Rats

So who's the bigger idiot?

The one who attempts a joke about a man who is clearly an idiot, or the one who is too stupid to see that it's a joke?

7. Jasper

Re: Re: Hot Rats

"No, he actually sounds like an idiot."

So do you, Professory Irony.

8. Rick

What happens in vegas stays in vegas

Oh wait he lives in vegas. But a side note if anyone has ever been to vegas they know that North Vegas is pretty much the ghetto. Also he's 34 probably still green an attorney or judge. If being a substitute judge is the same as a teacher all he is doing is just minding the court will the real judges are out on vacation, sickness, etc....

9. Andy Bright

But what did he do wrong?

You've said he was sacked, you've said he claimed to like kicking prosecutors (who doesn't?) - what you haven't done is explain why he was fired.. and yes, this chap sounds like the life and soul of any good party.. I mean what a joker.. he says things that are funny for gods sake, what more do you want?? Examples?? No doubt he had a really neat dream last night too.

10. Erlang Lacod

thin ice.

'It's my court,

stand up,

sit down,

stand up,

sit down,

bring on the skating vicar'

11. PT

Contempt

Uh, shouldn't that be

ON WITH PIXIE HATS!

bring on the skating vicar

Seven days for being improperly dressed. Bailiff, if you please..

PT (Las Vegas resident)

This topic is closed for new posts.