back to article Goldman Sachs seeks Goldman sucks site suit

Goldman Sachs certainly has its share of troubles these days but it's not about give up the little things that make life sweet. For instance, hiring a major Wall Street law firm to take down a blogger who may sully its sterling reputation. The Manhattan investment bank - which is struggling amidst a massive global recession, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rogier van Vlissingen
    Thumb Up

Thanks for noticing

Yesterday I still had the chance to read some of this, but today it's gone. But good to see that the stimulus money has been effectively deployed in the suppression of the truth, and that the ever vigilant NY Times, noticed in a timely manner that also this bit of news was NOT fit to print.

2. Rob

parody??

I thought parody was an acceptable use of trademark?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Mark of the beast

Might not tip off Goldman customers, since Goldman Sachs's reputation is that it is pure evil. And incompetent.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

(unless of course you're shopping for satanist supplies)

Are there satanist supply stores? I guess there probably are.. they should have big-box retail satanist supply stores. Satans-n-Things, or Evil Buy.

Or something. I don't know.

5. Ken Hagan Gold badge

Very careless...

...to use a domain name that remotely resembles your victim. Anyone wanting to find your site will use a search engine anyway, and then there's the useful service at www.sucks.com if people are just looking for a moan.

Still, Goldman Sachs are pretty much proving their opponent's point, so I hope they lose. Have these idiots ever read the US consitution. Elsewhere on the globe it is well-known for its protection of free speech. Apparently in America itself this fact is less well appreciated.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Satan to sue as well

In light of your news article the dark lord himself has also decided to issue a take down notice to the site owner as even he isnt as dangerous as the muppets from the US banking system and doesnt want his mark to be associated with them!

Paris, better the devil you know

7. unitron

How to get rich without really comprehending?

So that's how Goldman-Sachs makes so much money, by having very easily confused customers. :-)

Customers so easily confused, apparently, that they must be protected from any possiblility of even accidentally seeing any criticism of Goldman-Sachs.

How is it that these people haven't been "confused" out of all of their money years ago?

Oh, speaking of which, "Goldmansucks.com" seems to be for sale.

It seems that we need a "WTF" icon.

8. kain preacher

Shoot the damn lawyers

Best buy lost when they tried this with bestbuysucks.com

Fry's lost with fryssucks.com

Yeah those lawyer need to sue them selfs for being stupid

9. ratfox
    Thumb Up

@kain

The lawyers? Stupid? If somebody told me I could get paid 1'000$ an hour for threatening legal action which would obviously fail, I'd do it. And if they'd say I have to dance in the courtroom in a tutu, I'd ask which color the tutu.

Of course, maybe they could have TOLD Goldman that they would lose, and spare them the expense... But that would have been integrity, and lawyer swear off integrity when they get their degree.

10. Larry Adams
    Paris Hilton

@Rogier van Vlissingen

The site is still there.... http://www.goldmansachs666.com/

The link in the story was missing the 's' before 666.

Paris... because she's bound to be better than this company.

11. John Smith Gold badge
    Joke

"goldmansex"

Now that sounds like a profitable business.

12. al
    Paris Hilton

Where ? goldmansachs666.com ? Ok.

Frankly I had no idea about this site till it became newsworthy. I guess they take themselves too seriously [but not their jobs].

PH, coz she might dig gold but she sucks diggs.

13. Martin Lyne

Ha!

1) So much for free fucking speech

2) If their clients are that easily confused, then perhaps that's why they are up shit creek

3) WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CONSTITUTION?!

Here in the UK we're not even allowed to think bad things about companies or the government or our wired collars will explode

14. kain preacher

@ratfox

Yes but lawyers can get in trouble for bring suit that they know will fail or should know will fail. The fact that no one in the US has won these types of suits puts the lawyers on notice that they can't win .

15. Jos

@ratfox

That's right. And bankers too, apparently ;-)

jos

This topic is closed for new posts.