back to article A Twitter PR agency: Just what the world needs now

Social networking micro-blog site Twitter is the platform for start-up Twitter Partners to market twitterising services to businesses and celebrities. Twitter is a micro-blogging site where users can issue statements - so-called tweets - of up to 140 letters, saying what they are doing and thinking. It has become a platform …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Of course they'll have to change the name

but not until after they've had a load of juicy free publicity with which to get themselves established, or, as they'll more likely spin it "gain some traction in the mindshare space".

These are PR people we are dealing with here, remember: there is nothing, but nothing, to which they will not stoop in order to get some coverage. Seems to be working, n'est ce pas?

2. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

Wow

An astonishing panorama of the End Times.

3. amanfromMars Silver badge
    Paris Hilton

The Sunny Side of the Street ....Wise Guy View and Cake Walk on the Wwwild Side for A.N.Other Life?

"There is no business relationship with Twitter itself, and Twitter Partners will offer, it says: "a suite of apps, tools and services to help brands, media companies, and celebrities harness the power of the Twitter ecosystem.""

An interesting Service for Illiterati and Illuminati alike .... and a Novel ISpy Network rendering Mickey Mouse Governments Nightmares and Real Rocking Good Fellas, a Perfect Tool for Foiling the Follies of Fools just into Speculative Phishing rather than XXXXtensive Pharming/Intensive Phorming.

And a Perfect Groom Playground for Perfect Bridal Pathways....... to Seventh Heaven Love-Inns?

And Paris because ..... well, XXXXtrapolate that yourself for a Great Knocking Shop never Advertises Hotels Indiscretely and/or Indiscriminately.

4. dervheid

Death Knell?

All the 'cool kids' will be out of Twitter and onto the next 'big thing' now that the ad men have arrived.

Faster than you can say "Pearl & Dean"

Da-da da-da da-da da-da da-da-da,

da-da da-da da-da da-daaaa da!

5. Steve

Is it just me...

Or is Twitter basically an RSS feed for people who don't have any actual news?

6. Frank

All now superceded by Flutter

Twitter, Facebook, etc ....... , are about to be superceded by a 'new kid on the block'. Such is the pace of development in this area of activity.

See details here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeLZCy-_m3s

I'm not sure when their IPO is but I'll be applying for sure.

7. DZ-Jay

Capitalise, how?

>> It is this potential that Twitter Partners aims, somehow, to capitalise on.

So, a completely free and non-advertisement polluted service is very popular amongst the masses? How are they planning to capitalise on it? Has it ever occurred to them that perhaps the only reason it is so popular is *precisely* because it is free and contains no adverts?

-dZ.

8. Tim Gibbon

Twitter Partners? Official reply from Twitter

Twitter has posted this reply on its blog so far re Twitter Partners http://sn.im/twitter-twitter-partners or http://blog.twitter.com/2009/04/twitter-partners.html.

9. Emo

Blah

Another reason not to joint Twitter.

10. jake Silver badge

@Steve

It's not just you, Steve.

Or maybe a bastard child of RSS & instant messaging. Either way, I see no real use for it.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Or perhaps...

"...create favourable publicity in the tweet-sphere."

Twit-o-sphere seems a more apt name.

It'll be toast soon in any case when I launch my new service: "Nutter" will allow you to send real-time insults to anyone on earth with a mobile phone in a max of 15 characters - which should cover most of the classic insults unless you're German or a Sri Lankan into personalised abuse. Expect bumper profits from year one; it's highly monetisation friendly as the only way to switch off is to pay me - a lot.

As part of the launch festivities I'll be teaming up with phorm's PR, offering a a special "stalk yourself" service for discerning b-list celebs who know that you haven't made it unless you've got a drooling dungaree-clad lesbian psycho with hair between her toes writing obsessively online about your bathtime habits.

12. Rob
    Stop

@Steve and Jake

I'm with you, Twitter seems like verbal dirrohea for the masses of people desperate for attention. Which seems to be the case for most Web 2.0 crap.

13. Kai Lockwood
    Thumb Down

Don't call it tweeting

I believe the singular of Twitter is 'twit'. Therefore, all these new ad campagins can keep "twitting" each other to their hearts content.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like