back to article French adhesive workers stick it to Brit boss

The British boss of a French adhesive factory is being held captive by workers over redundancy fears. The sticky situation started Tuesday night, the Beeb reports. The factory in the south-east is just the latest to fall foul of this increasingly common French reaction to the current economic squeeze. Bosses at a Sony …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. John Mackenzie
    Happy

French adhesive factory

I guess it was where they produce Le Bostik...

2. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Why can't they

...*stick* to eating snails and garlic

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

"such boss-napping is unacceptable"

French president Nicolas Sarkozy has said such boss-napping is unacceptable and that they should face prosecution.

if this had been law, we might not be in the middle of the worst recession in human history.

and anyway they all deserve to have all assets strippped from them and be put up in 5star FR/HMG accomodation for the next 30 years(it would probably be the best thing all round, as it would be the safest place for any of them)

4. Michael
    Happy

Worse things happen at sea ....

http://intellectualglobalwarming.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/nomorenails.jpg

Always look on the bright side of life.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Been dying to let this one out since the story broke:

"Sounds like a bit of a sticky situation they're in!"

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Have to admire the French

at times. Rent a Revolution that's what they should do, we just hire the French to have a revolution in the UK.

7. M7S

If they're striking, all those horses will go unmelted.

Still it gives them something to chew on whilst manning the barricades.

8. Rob Beard
    Paris Hilton

So much for...

Cheese eating surrender monkeys...

Paris well, because of the French Connection.

Rob

9. Liam

hmmmm

@"and anyway they all deserve to have all assets strippped from them and be put up in 5star FR/HMG accomodation for the next 30 years(it would probably be the best thing all round, as it would be the safest place for any of them)" - Oh please STFU. Go spend a day inside a HMP and if you arent crying or shitting youself after 24 hours i would be amazed. If a prison is 5* then a bloody Holiday Inn is 1000*. PLEASE stop reading the daily heil or whatever bullshit rag you get your ideas from.

@"http://intellectualglobalwarming.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/nomorenails.jpg" - LMAO :)

@"Have to admire the French" - Arghh, i admit it. I agree! At least they have some balls. We need to start being a bit more revolutionary over here i think, before the UK turns into one big Guantanimo Bay!

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

To much pps

What's with the bullet points?

11. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

workers could face prosecution

Which is unlikely to happen. Now you want to blame the local boss for the entire state of the economy when the folks at the top of the financial institutions are still sitting in their exclusive offices, living their high life, collecting their ridiculous salaries and bonuses.. Wankers, stop your whinging. All sorts of businesses are seeing themselves hit by the global meltdown caused by a few large ultra-greedy corporations and their elite leaders. If you want the sheeple to go after someone, let me give you a clue.

12. EdwardP
    Flame

I've said it before...

...and I'll continue saying it, if you are a Government: DO NOT FUCK WITH THE FRENCH.

They're just not like the rest of us, they simply will not take your shit. They'll block roads and burn cars, they'll kidnap bosses, the entire country will go on strike. They fucking love it.

An inspiration to the rest of us. Can you imagine if this happened in the UK (it wouldn't)? The police would be there in droves, ARU with guns drawn, bullhorns and fresh new legislation grasped in sweaty hands. By time they'd resolved the situation, the whole operation would have cost the tax payer millions.

This is when the Daily Fail would pounce, claiming the whole thing was caused by a lack of CCTV cameras or some other non-sequitur, and then before you know it, what started out a pathetically irrelevant stunt has been turned into a legitimate sounding issue and we, the people, move that one step closer to just the kind of malleable stupidity our leaders have been after.

Total sense of humour failure from me today.</rant>

13. A

At least it's easy to find out when a French company plans layoffs

At least you'll know a mass culling is due; the entire board and senior management all mysteriously go on holiday at the same time ;)

14. Graham Marsden
    Stop

French president Nicolas Sarkozy has said...

... such boss-napping is unacceptable and that workers could face prosecution.

But they're unlikely to because he knows that the French Unions hold too much political power...

15. david wilson

I wonder...

How long before French layoffs start getting done by text message?

16. Gilbert Wham

Can I just say

I absolutely LOVE the French. Their penchant for setting fire to things and throwing them at the powers that be endears them to me enormously.

17. Thomas Baker

Sacre Glue.

"Sacre Glue" Classic Reg - should win an award really.

@EdwardP - damn straight!

Never thought I'd see myself type this but we do need some French umbrageousness (new word) and general "Furk Yew" mentality. There's plenty happening this weekend if you're interested in being a bit more like the French, in a good way. Stand up and let them know that it's not OK to assault innocent civilians and then lie about it, and then try and get away with it.

http://www.g-20meltdown.org/

My missus sets fire to English sheep every Sunday. Thank Fender for mint sauce...

18. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Then again.....

@Liam,

You've obviously never stayed in some of the hotels around Manchester then. Unless I took a wrong turn somewhere and ended up an unwitting guest at one of HMP's much vaunted guest-houses. Though I am sure I read that its free (the tax payer foots the bill), you get 3 square meals a day, and all the peace and quiet you can hope for - that's much more than I got (shouting, screaming, pay for food, window with no lock on it etc etc AND have to pay for it).

Paris - because she's as dirty as my hotel room was!

19. The Dorset Rambler
    Happy

Superbe!

J'adore le français pour ses deux doigts à la fuckwads qui fonctionnent pays.

C'est tout.

20. Bruno de Florence
    Thumb Up

Dismissed as rubbish

"Current anti-Sarkozy protestors are wearing badges or T-shirts which refer to a 17th Century romantic novel that the president dismissed as rubbish"

For the literary type among you, the novel in question is "La princesse de Clèves", by Mme de Lafayette, which describes a very steamy and illicit affair between two married aristocrats. Beautifully written, this work is regarded as the first novel in the history of French literature, i.e. a written work of an imaginary nature.

21. Daniel Wilkie

Shirley

Surely if the french.gov is proving in effective at attaining the peaceful release of our hostages, we should call in Rainbow?

I bagsey playing as price - the rest of you can pick from the others. Alan Woodland, for that, you get to play as Katherine Moony - the secretary...

22. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

The difference between the French and the English

Lets see- the English put up with their government nibbling away at their liberties with nary a peep from the lot of you. The country seems to be buried in CCTV cameras, so they can track you every damned day, and again, nary a peep out of the lot of you. Signs all over the country say to squeal on your neighbors, your relatives, your Uncle Bob, and nary a peep out of the lot of you. Notice a pattern here? I ask, but I doubt you do.

The French, by of comparison, take offense with every damned thing their government does. As some others have noted, they will man barricades, burn effigies, storm offices, lock up bosses, politicians and the like. They'll turn out their government in a heart beat. One might actually think that they cared about what happens to their nation!

Good heavens, don't let the Americans see this- they might get ideas about not following their English language brethern down the road to hell! Lets not even mention the frakkin' Canadians, whose Governor General prevents the PM from being thrown out on his ass, propping up another conservative door knob.

Lets keep the space industry going so I can get the hell off this planet before we finish screwing up royally.

23. crypt
    Thumb Up

this news report cheered me up

Good - stick it too the boss man!

This topic is closed for new posts.