back to article EMC could refresh Symmetrix on April 14

The much-anticipated EMC Symmetrix refresh could be announced on April 14 with the expected DMX-5 product code-named Tigon. The DMX-4 is the current Symmetrix and it was introduced in the third quarter of 2007. EMC has scheduled a web cast event for April 14, and is inviting people to register for it and find out how they can …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nick Cassimatis

EMC merging with VW?

Tigon? Sounds like a new VW!

"Space for 4, plus 23TB of data!"

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A Liger?

EMC marketing is usually pretty good, but a Liger? Seriously. Napoleon Dynamite references aside for a moment, I think there some truth to this "hybrid" monster about to be released, why does EMC insist on destroying a once great product with all sorts of incompatible mashups that only create more problems?

This new virtual data center... let me guess, everything I own now is incompatible and I need a refresh? That's not innovation, I'll be curious to see what happens when this tanks rolls right into a severe recession not looking for another monolithic platform to manage.

Customer: What are you drawing?

EMC: A liger.

Customer: What's a liger?

EMC: It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

DMX-5

Heard about it from a "Consultant" last week.

Looks good if you have the cash to flash (pun intended)

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

are you sure?

I heard rumours that EMC will announce the acqusition of SUN on April 14. Makes sense - complementing disk with tape, complementing its huge software stack with Java and complementing the infrastructure with servers. Add it to together et voilá: "The virtual Data Centre of the Future"

5. Anonymous Coward
    Go

DMX/EMC

Great news! Lets see what the competion can bring, all you pushers of HDS tin *gak!* might like to think again.

This topic is closed for new posts.