back to article MacBooks set to join hardware giveaway

Orange is reportedly in talks to add a MacBook to the range of subsidised hardware network operators are handing over these days, equipping the mobile executive for only a small monthly commitment. It wouldn't be particularly surprising to see a subsidised MacBook coming with an Orange-tied 3G dongle, and joining the plethora …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Giveaway?

At $35/month? Yeah, right.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Purple Monkey

PC World already offer a discount on Macs (including the MacBook and MBP), abeit not on Orange.

3. Andres

Old news - already there

Check ebuyer.com. They have a macbooks available on a 2 year orange contract for only £25/m. Quite unbelievable and I am on the edge of getting one myself. Cheaper than buying the laptop over 2 years and getting 600mins phone on top.

4. Scott Mckenzie

Ironic

That in my experience the least reliable data dongle i've ever used with a Mac is the Orange one.... you can't have Airport turned on at the same time, it creates about 20 different connection protocols that System Prefs ask you individually if you'd like to configure (as it does with any 'new' connection) - deep joy!

If Vodafone offered it, that'd be a different story!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Orange MacBook

This isn't new. France Telecom (aka Orange) has been offering Macbooks with Internet contracts for at least the last year.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like