back to article Chav-hunting toffs cop some flack

A group of toffs, apparently from Scotland's private Glenalmond College, have ruffled feathers with a wizard YouTube "chav-hunting" vid which showed them purging the British countryside of the Burberry-capped underclass with rod, hound, and gun. Still from "Class Wars" The offending flick - entitled Class Wars - featured the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul

What?

Im no posh prat, but I cant help thinking if it had been the other way round (Chavs gunning down Toffs in Maxxed novas) noone would have batted an eyelid.

2. Chris Rowson

Damn and blast!

The bally cads have removed the video!

3. Gavin

Legalise it

Can;t we legalise it, i mean they will be a good substitute for foxes and will help managing out of control the pest population.

WHAT?

4. Rob Crawford

Damn & Blast

I would have been happy to invite the toffs to go hunting on my estatein North Woolwich.

It's amazing that you can get 3 fractured ribs, after a kicking outside of the cop shop and the best the met can off is, "It's you own fault for walking around east London with a Belfast accent"

Personally I find anything to do with the culling of coffs / neds / spides something that should be encouraged at every opportunity

5. martin

ok....

chavs beating people to pulp ok

and not banned but this is apparently wrong

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That Roseanna Cunningham quote in full...

"Just say something that will scratch up some more votes in Perth from the desperate middle-class wannabees who read your paper... No, I haven't got any principles left, so it can be pretty much anything... Yeah, that'll do."

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

sorry Oscar

uneatable in pursuit of the unspeakable?

8. Nick Pettefar

Illegal?

Is chav-hunting illegal now?

Oh.

9. Darren Coleman

Political correctness gone mad

As remarked if the boot was on the other foot no one would even care, it would simply be "expected" for chavs to stick this kind of stuff on Youtube. First happy slapping, then "toff hunting".

Can't we just laugh at anything anymore without it having to be analyzed to the Nth degree?

10. Ian Ferguson

When will they learn

When will they learn that despite their differences, deep down they're both the same... both an underclass of ignorant, xenophobic dickheads.

11. Hedley Phillips

This is insane

I think this is funny. As Paul said earlier, if it had been the otherway round nobody would have said anything.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Available on Bebo

http://www.bebo.com/FlashBox.jsp?FlashViewType=Personal&FlashBoxId=568349423

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Excellent!

Surely this is just a modern, socially beneficially, alternative to fox hunting?

14. M

Happy Slapping it aint

This is just funny.

It is a funny video like hundreds of others and takes the **** out of the ridiculous craze of happy slapping and such which we should rightly be outraged at.

Seems rather like the Chavs in this were "actors". The MP who's comments were quoted might be suprised to learn that one can see "movies" or even "television" in which "actors" pretend (or "act") to be "characters" in a "story". Sometime these even have "pretend" violence..... FFS!!

If it was real then fair enough, but otherwise it is a farily amusing piece of film and to suggest it should be banned in unjustifiable censorship of artistic expression. Does the same MP hold book burnings??

15. luke

Double standards

I have to agree, its unfair the vid was taken down. I think it was most likley that the school had it removed when they heard The Filth (SNP) were involved.

16. Rob Moss

I saw it

I heard about this on Radio 5 when I went to get my lunch. I watched it and thought it was brilliant! And now it's been pulled. How pathetic. I was going to show all my friends, we all think chavs should be hunted.

17. Michael Sheils

All for it

Face it, posh people need an alternative to fox hunting that won't piss off the animal loving freaks, and chavs should die.

Win win in my book.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Run Forrest, Run!!

It seems to me that Chav Hunting is an excellent way to provide a valuable sport (and viable alternative to fox hunting) whilst ensuring that the detritus scum (oops, I mean Chavs) of society get some well needed exercise.. Never let it be said "we" don't care!!

19. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Burberry should be a capital offence

I suppose Ms. Cunningham is worried in case she would be on the list of oiks to be hunted down and shot...

20. Adam

Burgers?

Chavs are one of these species that needs to be thinned out now and again, a cull, to keep the numbers down. Otherwise they breed so much that there aren't enough twizzlers and blue pop to go round and they starve, or they all start to come down with Burbaritosis. Poor mites.

Perhaps after their current "posh burger for people who aren't posh" campaign, Burger King can release their new "Chav Supper" of Happy Shopper turkey twizzlers and blue fizzypop, all wrapped up in Burberry paper? The catch line could be "For all the chavs and the chav-nots". I'm copyrighting that, by the way!

21. N1AK

What they are really asking

I imagine the better question the people who voted for MSP Roseanna Cunningham are asking is why they voted for someone who's too busy commenting on youtube videos to do anything to improve the state of the country.

But then they did voted SNP so the quality of candidates can't be a major factor in their choice.

22. Darren Gallagher

The Chav and the Hound

Would have made a classic Disney remake. Chav called Stevo meets Hound called Chantelle Mercedes Lilly Dobbs. 3 weeks in, they're both down the DSS sorting out a house for soon to be, newborn, no hoper in life. He then scours through skips and meets chavette skip rat, to continue the never ending Circle of Rife.

23. Les Matthew

Re: Damn and blast!

Don't worry you didn't miss anything.

Piss poor camera work.

Piss poor acting.

And it wasn't even funny.

24. Michael

One of the best

This was one of the best videos posted on youtube for a while. Some people have no sense of humour. I can't wait for the video game release, chasing them down on horse back with a pack of hunting dogs and shot gun, sounds like a smash hit to me.

Anyway, what did they do that was wrong? What does it matter what school they go to? If it had been a state run school would it have been OK?

25. Andy

Should've been politicians

...that they were hunting. No-one would have minded then.

26. Louise

sustainable economy

Surley at the spped at which they are breeding this would be a sustainable resource for the non-chavvy classes to kill. I'm sure running round in fields with weaponry is a much more economically/carbon foot print/good laugh friendly than many other sports? I mean to plane trips necessary, I can just pop down to my local McDanals/park/Spar and there they are!

Now how can the government arge with that!...oh they can...oh well getting my shotgun anyway....

27. Cap'n wotsit

What?

[quote] "I suppose this video could be billed as the revenge of Monty Python's upper-class twits. Doubtless it is intended as humour and irony, but it comes across as brash, crass, and arrogant."[/quote]

pardon?

Monty Python have previously done this sort of class humour from both sides for years, it was as funny and relevent when the first did it as it is now.

Obviously Ms Cunningham is not resident in the real world as Monty Python's Flying Circus has been voted the most infuential UK comedy series, (with only fools and horses coming a close second)

stop touting for votes from the chavs and get on with some real work.

silly person

28. Nick Ryan Silver badge

It's not bad

It's not bad... the school should be praising the kids for their production values and planning, rather than lambasting them for actually getting off their arses and doing something creative.

Idiots.

29. ScruffyJack

Politically Collect(ive noun)

Sorry about the title but instead of being a 'pack' of neds perhaps one of the following could be substituted as the collective noun:

A flock (as for sheep)

A crew (as for sailors)

A steal (as for magpies)

A knob (as for waterfoul) <- Wiki says 'Uncertain'

A sneak (as for weasels)

An ugly (as for walruses)

As English is a vibrant, living language we could all try and steer one (or another) of these terms into common use.... I doubt it though as:

DBAs will want an array (as for hedgehogs)

Script kiddies will want a kit (as for pigeons)

Windows admins will want a crash (as for rhinoceroses)

I'll get my coat...

30. Mark Scorah

neds

better not call them neds apparently it hurts their feelings and is offensive, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4075012.stm

31. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ARRGH!

Cant we just collect all the chavs and put them in a designated space where they can be hunted, somewhere un-important...

Like Scotland, We can just send the english ones to join the natives and the problems sorted!

32. Charles Manning

Just the wrong spin

I thought it was a chav exercise video...

33. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Darren Gallagher

I'm thinking about opening a pub with that name!

The Chav and Hound

Sorry, that's the best this old Yank can come up with - I know there's a joke in there somewhere... ;)

34. Carlos

Nancy Boys?

What sort of nancy boys are these toffs? The chav beating scene looks like a little girl brandishing her favourite fairy wand - WTF?

35. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Double standards

I notice that every single article on this subject that I have seen has been something along the lines of:

"... Bloody spoiled toff kids, shocking video, outrageous, no respect for others, disgusting, see the whole shocking thing at this link."

36. Me

Nothing of course is ever deleted from you tube

find it here if you really want http://www.deletedyoutube.ftvteen.com/

37. Lloyd

Have to say

I was expecting a lot more from it. I wanted at the very least shotguns blasting burberry left right and centre, how about a little ketchup here and there to make it look bloody and barbaric? Unlike happy slapping no one was actually injured in the filming of this which seems to point to the use of extreme violence on actual chavs in a remake in order to allow it to stay up.

38. Darren Gallagher

@Landlord of the Chav and Hound

The Burberry wallpaper may cost a few bob. And you'd lower the chances of and sunday drivers venturing in, having a franchise of Greggs stuck to your pub would earn you some coin, but the booze being only Blue WKD and White Lightening may be an issue.

39. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Come on

It takes the piss from both sides very well. Its not just about hunting the chavs... its also about the sterotype perception of the upper class. The beating scene is a case in point...

40. Danny

Perhaps

It would be more acceptable to hunt down the over sensitive politically correct mob? That way they get put out of there misery of being offended by everything and we get back to a real way of life where people can actually have a laugh and joke.

41. Martni Rouf

Genius!

I think its genius! If only they'd have been clever enough to host the video themselves and carry advertisements all over the page. Could have made a small fortune!

They have obviously put a lot of effort and thought into the 'production' - especially in the end scene with the multiple camera angles.

Perhaps Glenalmond will be proud of the director when his first blockbuster comes out???

42. Andrew Fenton

Excellent idea

What's the problem? The only disappointing thing was that it was acted and not real.

Incidentally, the delightful chappies were clearly English. In Scotland we call these types NEDs (Non-Educated Delinquents).

43. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quality

This sort of stuff is completely excellent in my opinion :) Some people really need to get a sense of humor to be honest.

Anyway, I'm all for hunting chavs as long as my new idea for a reality TV show in which a random collection of Toffs are forced to live as coal-miners in mid-eighties Wales gets the go ahead.

44. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Video courtesy of The Metro

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=61236&in_page_id=34

45. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This is obscene!

There is no place for this kind of treatment in today's society. Humane chav traps are available at most good DIY stores. Simply bait them with kebab meat and a picture of an N-reg 1.1 Nova (hand painted in metallic purple with a bean tin exhaust works best) and the job is done. Once the trap is full, you can return them to their natural habitat; outside a fast food outlet in the town centre of your choice.

46. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why bother!

I have no idea why that politician is defending chavs, is she not aware that they don't actually vote?

47. Nigee

real reason

Doesn't the SNP live in a socilialist time warp? This being the case then maybe the silly woman's real agenda is that the actors aren't proper luvvies and are not union members.

48. Steve Roper

Re: Perhaps

"It would be more acceptable to hunt down the over sensitive politically correct mob? That way they get put out of there misery of being offended by everything and we get back to a real way of life where people can actually have a laugh and joke."

Now that's the most intelligent and productive suggestion I've seen on the Reg this month. In fact, I'd like to put up my company shares to fund a bounty of $100 AUD for every PC ban-it-all twat's head brought into my office by right-thinking lads like yourself! :) (I'd make it more, but there are SO many of them, and my shares can only go so far to pay for enough of them to make a difference!)

49. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

See it here

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4901797

This topic is closed for new posts.